• In total there are 45 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 44 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Cal. Fires

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Cal. Fires

Unread post

I don't know offhand how many regular BTers live in CA--I think Interbane and ant do, and Harry Marks might have used to. It's absolutely horrible to read about the state burning, and I have to say that I marvel sometimes that CA can still be a leading state economically and in other ways, with its natural disasters causing so much damage, pain, and power blackouts. Out here in the Blue Ridge area, if we have a 300-acre wildfire, that's a huge thing. I hope you are lucky enough not to be seriously affected by the burning, but if you're not, people you're close to probably are. I hope there is rain soon, and lots of snow in the mountains this winter.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Re: Cal. Fires

Unread post

DWill wrote:I don't know offhand how many regular BTers live in CA--I think Interbane and ant do, and Harry Marks might have used to. It's absolutely horrible to read about the state burning, and I have to say that I marvel sometimes that CA can still be a leading state economically and in other ways, with its natural disasters causing so much damage, pain, and power blackouts. Out here in the Blue Ridge area, if we have a 300-acre wildfire, that's a huge thing. I hope you are lucky enough not to be seriously affected by the burning, but if you're not, people you're close to probably are. I hope there is rain soon, and lots of snow in the mountains this winter.

Thanks,

September is normally a wildfire month in SoCa because of the heat and the Santa Ana winds

I'm a bit pissed off at our mayor calling on all SoCal people to turn off all appliances and just use your fan when its 111 degrees outside.
CA is the 5th largest economy in, get this, THE WORLD, and yet for some reason we have 3rd world power grids?
I bet that bastard didn't turn off his air conditioning yesterday in his mansion.
Seriously, that was insane.

Some areas lost power and as of this morning still do not have it on yet.
Remarkable.

And we almost always have bad air quality , particularly when the Santa Ana's pick up.
Last edited by ant on Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Current Events & History”