• In total there are 31 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 31 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Sleazy Joe Biden

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Sleazy Joe Biden

Unread post

It's early but so far Biden has talked to the media for about a total of 2 hours and fielded roughly 80 or so questions.

Yet he as yet to be asked a question about the sexual harassment of Tara Reade.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... red-claims

What is this blatant immoral hypocrisy? Why aren't we hanging Biden by his toes like we have other people have been accused of sexual misconduct?

You know who has talked publicly about the importance of taking women seriously? Biden. During the Brett Kavanaugh hearings, Biden stood up for Dr Christine Blasey Ford, noting: “For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real.”
Last edited by ant on Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Sleazy Joe Biden

Unread post

I'm not downplaying the sexual harassment charges but I don't personally know anything about them. I guess I have been spending almost all of my time focused on the Coronavirus and not on other news items.

My biggest concern with Biden is that he appears to have dementia. Watch this...

geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

Chris OConnor wrote:My biggest concern with Biden is that he appears to have dementia.
The problem with this video is that someone went through dozens or perhaps hundreds of public appearances, cherry-picking the very worst moments. Biden is known for his public gaffes. He does sometimes speak faster than his brain works. Even so, this video is probably not very representative of him.

How will he do in a public debate with Donald Trump? That should give us a clue.

As for moral hypocrisy, these allegations of sexual assault by Tara Reade and others remain a major problem for the candidate. But if these allegations and other alleged predatory behaviors prevent us from considering Biden for POTUS, don't they as well for Trump?
-Geo
Question everything
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Geo wrote:
As for moral hypocrisy, these allegations of sexual assault by Tara Reade and others remain a major problem for the candidate. But if these allegations and other alleged predatory behaviors prevent us from considering Biden for POTUS, don't they as well for Trump?
Yes of course they do.. and he's been blasted for it in the past.
But the point is that absolutely no one from the media and about 99% of "progressives" who hung Trump for similar allegations are saying nothing about Biden.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

The allegations haven't been much covered, at least I'd say that from my limited view of media. But the story has received some attention. I thought Ruth Marcus had a judicious take on the charges in her Wash. Post column. I'm thinking of how determined Democrats were to sacrifice Al Franken for what were not sexual assault incidents. but when it comes to a nominee for pres. do the standards suddenly change? It's a question we have to ask in this "believe the women" era.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... legations/

I'd say a good bit, not all, of what I saw in the clips Chris posted can be attributed to Biden's stutter. He doesn't talk about this, but it's a problem he's always had.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... le/602401/
Last edited by DWill on Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Current Events & History”