• In total there are 3 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 616 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:47 pm

POLL: Countdown to Impeachment

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.

When do you think President Trump will be impeached?

Trump will be impeached in 2017

27%
Trump will be impeached in 2018

22%
Trump will be impeached in 2019

5%
Trump will be impeached in 2020

No votes
Trump won't be impeached

46%

Total votes: 37
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

POLL: Countdown to Impeachment

Unread post

When do you think President Trump will be impeached?

I'm making this poll nice and simple and giving four choices: 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020

Please feel free to make a post and give your reasoning behind your vote.
Attachments
Donald-Trump.jpg
Donald-Trump.jpg (98.92 KiB) Viewed 12229 times
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: POLL: Countdown to Impeachment

Unread post

I've voted for 2017. I'm feeling optimistic that he'll be given the boot within the year.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

I'll go for this year, too. He's not starting slowly, with the unconstitutional travel ban in the first week, so a quick condemnation seems not unlikely. He'll soon be delivered a message by the muckety-mucks in the party: stop this bullshit or you'll have the stigma of impeachment. Conviction and removal from office are less likely, since that's never happened, but we've never had a guy so completely off the charts as Trump, so there could be a first. Of course, he could resign to prevent conviction, like Nixon did, and then rely on a pardon by Pence.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

A pretty scary scenario is that those who are starting to protest the Trump administration will become more organized and more powerful and they will have to be quashed by police or the military force. In other words, it could get a lot worse before it gets better. I don't think this will happen because I don't think Trump really has the kind of appeal that will tolerate this overreach for very long. We already see Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham challenging Trump on many of his decisions. If anything, our saving grace is that Trump doesn't play well with members of his own party.

As for when Trump will be impeached, the sooner the better. His ego is such that he doesn't know when to stop and his administration will quickly go into crisis mode. Indeed, it is already.
-Geo
Question everything
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

I voted that he wont be impeached.

If we consider Trump a debacle of white proportion then don't look to non-whites to ride in and save the day.
No Trump will not be impeached and truth be told I'm not so sure that his impeachment would be a good thing. Mike Pence is a debacle waiting in the wings. We're screwed, no doubt about it.

The last thing this GOP would initiate would be impeachment, like as not Trump is their guy and they will defend him as long as its their parties control that is on the line.

I have been looking at the DNC and I don't see any hope there as well. They are scrambling to regroup. Perhaps if Obama was to take on some sort of leadership roll, he might be a flag that can be rallied behind, but that would be a stretch.
The DNC and the House of Representatives are a major key to stopping this horror show that is Trump. The DNC needs a strong and moderate leader with impeccable credentials and they need to strongly go after house elections in 2018.

Trump may in the near future do something that scares the crap out of white America enough that there is majority change in the house but I would not bank on it. His team has contained their shit to stay in line with the laws governing their agenda. Their shrewd in their movements and betting on a catastrophe to sway that white vote is to long a shot.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

I voted 2019 for several reasons.
- Trump has not committed high crimes or misdemeanors. Yet. When he does, many of them will be celebrated by his supporters.
- As I recall from Nixon and B. Clinton it takes quite a while for that ball to get rolling and process. It cannot happen in 2017.
- Seems a bit weird to predict impeachment after re-election, but that's what would have happened to Nixon if he hadn't resigned.

Chris, after claiming you'd vote Democratic, didn't you ultimately vote for Trump? (Sorry if I'm misremembering.)

This has gotta be one of the sloppiest starts in Prez history...
:sosad:
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

No, I voted for Hillary Clinton this time.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

He SHOULD have been impeached as soon as he turned around from having given his oath.

it should have been transparently obvious to the entire nation that he was a complete piece of garbage considering he himself offered the most resounding reasons to dislike and mistrust him. He flagrantly advertised his inability to do this job with every public appearance and it's only gotten worse.

Write and call your representatives. They need to know you've got their backs when this comes around.

To those concerned impeaching trump just leads to a Pence presidency, you can't clean all the shit off your shoe until you start wiping.

And consider the tremendous message that will be illustrated with an impeachment. This behavior will not be tolerated, and whatever agenda you think you were following under trump has been resoundingly rejected. And you will be too, if you pursue it.

Pence would be the first, 1st year lame duck president.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

I picked 2018 but he is certainly doing everything he can to ensure it will be 2017 and i will be happy to be wrong in my pick. Then, of course, Pence becomes president so it's a long four years no matter what. But Trump has to go.
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

I'll say this for Pence--he knows how to play the game. He has tact. He doesn't piss all over decorum. He doesn't hurl insults. He's a snake but a president has to have tact. I don't believe for a second that he would have picked a fight with Australia, China and Mexico all at once. He's smarter and smoother than that. Trump is just a big wild ape running loose in an antique shop. Pence might sell the antiques behind our backs but Trump will break them and shit all over them. With Pence, there's a chance we can buy those antiques back some day but they're gone forever if we don't stop Trump.

Return to “Current Events & History”