• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 756 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:41 am

Delay the election

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Delay the election

Unread post

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/07/ ... 41917.html

Trump tweeted on Thursday: "With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???"

Use Executive Directive 51 and use the Democrats own words against them in that the COVID19 is a catastrophic disaster that threatens the very fabric of the country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_ ... _Directive

"
Enduring Constitutional Government," or "ECG," means a cooperative effort among the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the Federal Government, coordinated by the President, as a matter of comity with respect to the legislative and judicial branches and with proper respect for the constitutional separation of powers among the branches, to preserve the constitutional framework under which the Nation is governed and the capability of all three branches of government to execute constitutional responsibilities and provide for orderly succession, appropriate transition of leadership, and interoperability and support of the National Essential Functions during a catastrophic emergency
Tie the process of via litigation.

Once good thing that may come of this is that it will allow Biden to fall into complete senility so that the farce of him being a legitimate candidate can end once and for all.
They guy is not planning to debate anybody because he can't even complete a sentence now.

The Democrats have totally politicized COVID19 and have with their silence endorsed the anarchy in places like Seattle and Portland where Federal Buildings are under constant criminal siege on a nightly basis

Democratic thugs are no better.
It is disgraceful to act otherwise.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Re: Delay the election

Unread post

ant wrote: Once good thing that may come of this is that it will allow Biden to fall into complete senility so that the farce of him being a legitimate candidate can end once and for all.
They guy is not planning to debate anybody because he can't even complete a sentence now.
Which candidate are you watching? Are you sure you're not mixing them up? Biden is fine and I'll wager he'll wallop Trump in a debate. Joe pretty well completes his sentences in the following. His synapses are basically fine. One example of many.

"And your support is going to be critical. I’m going to need your help because the Latino vote is essential to winning this election and making sure that Donald Trump is a one term president. We can’t afford four more years of this president. Last year, when I spoke at your presidential forum in San Diego, it was an immediate aftermath of the horrific mass shooting in El Paso. It was an act of terrorism, white supremacists violently open firing, targeting Latinos and immigrants who were just going about their lives. It was a tragedy that shot a direct line between Trump and the crusade of his policies to unleash hate and fear against the Latino community.

Joe Biden: (03:24)
And the violent consequences of what can happen when we have a president who emboldens racism and embraces division. This is a president who’s, after losing in the Supreme Court, has barely skipped a beat in his efforts to punish dreamers, including … What people don’t know and I hope the press cover … dreamers make up 30,000 frontline healthcare workers. They’re saving people’s lives at the risk of their own. Young men and women who are as American as anyone, whose home is here."
Cluster.co/c/lhAiscJQAGg/
Last edited by DWill on Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

No one wants a scripted president that was thrown underhand pitches before the election.

Have you seen the man off script?
He can't even pronounce certain words anymore.

The only question that remains is who exactly would be holding his strings?

Be serious here, please.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

ant wrote:No one wants a scripted president that was thrown underhand pitches before the election.

Be serious here, please.
I'm perfectly serious. From the standpoint of cognition and logical thought, you think Trump is better. We can only wait until the debates (which will be held) to see who's right.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

DWill wrote:
ant wrote:No one wants a scripted president that was thrown underhand pitches before the election.

Be serious here, please.
I'm perfectly serious. From the standpoint of cognition and logical thought, you think Trump is better. We can only wait until the debates (which will be held) to see who's right.

Not really.. I just think your're more of a anyone but Trump - and at any cost because in this case, the ends justifies the means
within certain contexts, that flavor of generic reasoning can seem practical and perhaps even savvy, but upon closer inspection it falls short of being ethically sound and or morally superior.

Can you be intellectually honest here and list some positive legislation by Trump?
Now compare that to what it is you admire about Biden's political career to date. Not his rhetoric, but his actual political accomplishments.
Name them. Start with favorable legislation for minorities.

But lets stroll down memory lane for a second and revisit Biden's unsavory anti black history:

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/03 ... ained.html

Again, what is so troubling now is that Biden cannot even speak without some form of crutch nearby.

You'd like a puppet in the White House? If so, why?
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote:Again, what is so troubling now is that Biden cannot even speak without some form of crutch nearby.
Um, can you provide some examples of this? Because it seems to me that Biden is running a smart campaign, and doing very well in the polls.
-Geo
Question everything
LevV

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental
Canada

Unread post

geo wrote:

ant wrote:
Again, what is so troubling now is that Biden cannot even speak without some form of crutch nearby.

Um, can you provide some examples of this?

There is certainly no problem finding examples from the other guy.

As far back as 2017 experts from around the country were concerned about the state of Trump's mind as a clip from this press conference by STAT will attest to:

"It was the kind of utterance that makes professional transcribers question their career choice:

“ … there is no collusion between certainly myself and my campaign, but I can always speak for myself — and the Russians, zero.”

When President Trump offered that response to a question at a press conference last week, it was the latest example of his tortured syntax, mid-thought changes of subject, and apparent trouble formulating complete sentences, let alone a coherent paragraph, in unscripted speech.

He was not always so linguistically challenged.
STAT reviewed decades of Trump’s on-air interviews and compared them to Q&A sessions since his inauguration. The differences are striking and unmistakable.

Research has shown that changes in speaking style can result from cognitive decline. STAT therefore asked experts in neurolinguistics and cognitive assessment, as well as psychologists and psychiatrists, to compare Trump’s speech from decades ago to that in 2017; they all agreed there had been a deterioration, and some said it could reflect changes in the health of Trump’s brain."

https://www.statnews.com/2017/05/23/don ... nterviews/
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

ant wrote:

Not really.. I just think your're more of a anyone but Trump - and at any cost because in this case, the ends justifies the means
within certain contexts, that flavor of generic reasoning can seem practical and perhaps even savvy, but upon closer inspection it falls short of being ethically sound and or morally superior.
I didn't vote for Biden. But he's going to be the nominee, although you seem to be implying by these attacks on him that Democrats could still switch him out. But that's not going to happen, and anyway it would show that Dems are thugs, as you already think they are. Look, you don't share my sense--no, my conviction--that Trump is a danger to our entire democratic system. So, yes, Biden is a far, far better choice, with faults and drawbacks, true, but any politician has these, especially after the long run that Biden's had. And it's not all about the president at this point. The Republican party has shown itself to be entirely bankrupt and needs to do some serious soul-searching--away from power--for a while.

Do you realize, ant, that you took Trump's suggestion to delay the election--immediately condemned by even his normal enablers--and turned it into something against the Democrats? Your obsession with the Dems seems to have no bounds.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

ant wrote:

I didn't vote for Biden. But he's going to be the nominee, although you seem to be implying by these attacks on him that Democrats could still switch him out. But that's not going to happen, and anyway it would show that Dems are thugs, as you already think they are. Look, you don't share my sense--no, my conviction--that Trump is a danger to our entire democratic system. So, yes, Biden is a far, far better choice, with faults and drawbacks, true, but any politician has these, especially after the long run that Biden's had. And it's not all about the president at this point. The Republican party has shown itself to be entirely bankrupt and needs to do some serious soul-searching--away from power--for a while.

Do you realize, ant, that you took Trump's suggestion to delay the election--immediately condemned by even his normal enablers--and turned it into something against the Democrats? Your obsession with the Dems seems to have no bounds.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Unread post

DWill wrote:And it's not all about the president at this point. The Republican party has shown itself to be entirely bankrupt and needs to do some serious soul-searching--away from power--for a while.
Over the years I've voted Republican more frequently than Democrat. But today's GOP stands for nothing any more. Fiscal restraint? Free trade? Gosh, remember when presidents were supposed to be presidential? If you can's see what a soulless, morally bankrupt party the GOP has become, you are blind.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/29/opin ... acism.html
-Geo
Question everything

Return to “Current Events & History”