• In total there are 41 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 41 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

HAHA!!! I guess Trump really is bringing us jobs!!

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

HAHA!!! I guess Trump really is bringing us jobs!!

Unread post

I was laid off on May 5th. Cinco de Mayo was not a happy day for me. I sent out a zillion resumes everyday. Pretty soon I had saturated the market with resumes. There were no jobs advertised that I hadn't applied for. But I still got early every morning and scoured the internet. Got a few interviews but nothing definite. Then yesterday I saw a job for my line of work I had not seen before and it was very close by. I immediately fired off a resume and three hours later, they called me and I did a phone interview and then I went in today and I interviewed in person and was told the job was mine. :clap:

He said they wanted to hire two people in my occupation and they already had them but one of them bothered him. He had some good qualifications but the guy at his interview, as my interviewer explained it: "couldn't shut up about Trump and kicking out Mexicans and Muslims!" Every time he tried to veer the interview back on the job itself, the guy would go off about how Trump was setting country in order for a change. So instead of yanking the job posting off the internet as filled, he decided to keep it open in hopes a better candidate turned up. Guess who's resume showed up next? Yes, mine. He said he called HR and told them to stop the presses, he wanted to interview me first.

After we talked, he said, "You're way better than that other guy." So I have to take a physical and pee-test and then I will start work.

So thank you, Trump! Without your followers being such stupid assholes, I would still be laid off. He brought me a job! He actually brought me a job!! :lol:
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: HAHA!!! I guess Trump really is bringing us jobs!!

Unread post

:congrats4:

This is great news! I'm really happy to hear you got the job. Yes, Trump supporters can be quite annoying with their enthusiasm. In this case it worked in your favor. :)
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Thanks!

The interviewer didn't call the guy enthusiastic though. What word did he use again? Oh, that's right--LUNATIC!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

There are a lot of them out there.

What sort of job are you going to be doing?
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

Congratulations! That other guy must be a certified loonie to think you can mention politics during an interview. Hahaaaa
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Chris OConnor wrote:There are a lot of them out there.

What sort of job are you going to be doing?
I'm a tech writer and I've done it for 25 years in both civilian and military applications. This place puts together fill machines which are used in auto assembly lines to fill the car with every fluid it will need--fuel, oil, coolant, windshield fluid, etc. It must happen very fast because the cars never stops on the line, they are always continuously moving. The machine has different independently mobile stations and after it fills the car, it shoots back down the line on a track to begin filling the next car or truck. They use these everywhere in the world in pretty much every car company. So I will help write the tech manuals that people will need to service the machine as well training materials to teach them how to use it. The technology is heavily logic-driven but all the components in the machine is all stuff I've been working with forever. Just a different application. It sounds like fun and I'm eager to get started. I'll have to take a physical and piss test next week so I'll sometime the week after that. It's kind of like being on vacation now.
DB Roy
Beyond Awesome

Unread post

LanDroid wrote:Congratulations! That other guy must be a certified loonie to think you can mention politics during an interview. Hahaaaa
If the guy had just kept his mouth shut, he'd have the job instead of me. At the interview, there were two senior tech writers present to ask questions and evaluate answers. They told him after they interviewed the nut that they didn't want to work with him even though he seemed well qualified. So the interviewer scheduled him to be hired but he kept the job posting available hoping a reasonably sane candidate would answer. So he said when he got my resume, he thought, "Buddy, you just just talked yourself out of a job!" and he hired me. He even told me when I sat down: "I've already hired someone for this job but we don't really want him so this is your job to lose." After the interview, the two tech writers gave the interviewer the nod and that was that. I have a job and Mr. trump supporter can go pound sand.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

That's an amazing story, DB. :o

Return to “Current Events & History”