• In total there are 31 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 30 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Great-sounding shows on PBS for shut-ins

A forum dedicated to friendly and civil conversations about domestic and global politics, history, and present-day events.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Great-sounding shows on PBS for shut-ins

Unread post

As a public service, I'll list some PBS shows for April that may help pass the time while we're more indoors. All these series from Netflix, Amazon, etc. get a little exhausting for me.

April 7 & 14 Ken Burns presents "The Gene: An Intimate History."
April 21 "The Man Who Tried to Feed the World: American Experience" (Norman Borlaug, of The
Wizard and the Prophet
)
April 22 "Climate Change: The Facts," with David Attenborough
April 22 (three parts) "H20: The Molecule that Made Us"

Other worthwhile shows as well throughout the month. Check the PBS website.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: Great-sounding shows on PBS for shut-ins

Unread post

I watch a lot of PBS; will be sure and check these out. Anything by Ken Burns and/or David Attenborough is definitely worth watching.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein

Return to “Current Events & History”