• In total there are 55 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 55 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

It's a Miracle!

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

It's a Miracle!

Unread post

Use this thread to discuss miracles reported in the media or elsewhere. Please include broader context as in this example.
'God Is Awesome!' Tornado Destroys House, but Prayer Closet Still Standing
The deadly, monster EF-4 tornado that recently tore through Lee County, Alabama, devoured nearly everything in its path. But one Christian family miraculously survived – huddled inside a prayer closet that was literally the only thing left standing from their house. That massive twister killed 23 people, including four children. But amazing testimonies are still emerging in the aftermath.

..."My God is awesome!!! Shout somebody!" he said.

This isn't the only astounding story to emerge from a recent tornado. As CBN News has reported, 40 kids were miraculously shielded as they sang "Jesus Loves Me", even though a tornado in Kentucky ripped off the roof from the church where they were sheltering.

3/26/2019
https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2019/ma ... l-standing
Conclusion: the 23 people killed in the tornado are much less important than a prayer closet that was not completely destroyed.
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Re: It's a Miracle!

Unread post

Here's a more recent, rather quaint story about a Miracle Bible that oozed mineral oil, over 400 gallons of it. Oh yeah almost forgot, it's also a story about a believer who bought mineral oil from Tractor Supply. :chatsmilies_com_92:

The Bible That Oozed Oil - A small Georgia town, a prophecy about Donald Trump, and the story of how a miracle fell apart

Oh my goodness, check out the testimonies about the miraculous healing powers of Biblical mineral oil from this group's web site.
https://hisnameisflowingoil.org/
https://hisnameisflowingoil.org/testimonies/
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

But one Christian family miraculously survived – huddled inside a prayer closet that was literally the only thing left standing from their house.
Could it be that the chosen closet was the safest most protected place in the home? Not because of the protection of prayer but because of the nature of interior small areas that have ample wood supports like studs and pre-built door frames? :lol: :lol:
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Oh yeah almost forgot, it's also a story about a believer who bought mineral oil from Tractor Supply.
I'm sure that little side-note is deemed to be totally irrelevant. LOL
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

LanDriod, the Bible oozing oil story was an interesting read but I am disappointed that Slate took so long to get to the point that this was demonstrated to be a likely hoax. It wasn't until near the end that the details emerge about how he bought large quantities of mineral oil from the Tractor Supply store. I fear most readers will read an article title and then maybe only the first paragraph or two. For these type of readers this article would come across as supporting the idea that the claim the Bible was oozing oil was a genuine miracle. I guess I'm saying that the author should have started with, "Hang in there till the end for an interesting twist."

This is the good stuff...
In 2017, someone affiliated with the oil ministry sent a sample to a lab. Testing apparently found it was a substance similar to mineral oil—but not identical to it. (Only partial results and secondhand references to that test have been posted online.) Several visitors at the prayer service proffered these results as proof the oil is not of this world. Others whipped out their phones to show me photos of strange crystals that have appeared in certain vials at portentous moments.

On my last day in Dalton, I looked up Jerry and Joyce’s address online and drove to their house. Jerry keeps the Bible at the house between showings; he told me he sometimes keeps it in his garage, and other times inside. The Pearces live in a one-story brick townhouse in a modest gated community. I drove in behind the mail truck and knocked on the door. After several minutes, Jerry’s wife, Joyce, opened the door a crack. She did not look happy to see me. When I told her I was a reporter working on a story about the oil, she said Jerry was down at Grace 251—and no, I couldn’t come in.

When I drove to the store, Jerry asked me right away how I’d found his address. We had met briefly at the theater, but hadn’t talked in depth yet. His answers to my questions were short and wary. He wouldn’t say where he thought the movement was going, why he thought God had chosen Dalton, or how, exactly, he observes the plastic bin refilling with oil. “We’ve done what the Lord said,” he said. “I am just a layman. I’m just trying to steward that Bible. That’s what the Lord has asked me to do and that’s what I do.” Before I said goodbye, he said something Johnny had said to me earlier: “I would just ask you to not add to or take away”—to just let the story be what it was.

Less than a week after I left Dalton, that story changed. First, Leslie posted a notice to the ministry’s website, announcing that the Bible had stopped producing oil on Jan. 10, weeks before I arrived. Because there was no new supply of oil to hand out, the last weekly service at the Wink Theatre would take place on Feb. 11. Then, on Feb. 13—Jerry’s 77th birthday—the same Chattanooga Times Free Press writer who had covered the oil Bible in November published another report: An anonymous source told the writer that Jerry Pearce was a regular customer at a nearby Tractor Supply store. And he’d been seen purchasing large containers of clear oil.

Two managers at the store “visually identified” Jerry to the reporter and confirmed that he bought “gallons of mineral oil.” This time, a chemical analysis performed for the paper by the University of Tennessee–Chattanooga found that Jerry’s oil was indeed nearly identical in chemical structure to the brand of mineral oil sold at Tractor Supply. When Wyatt Massey, the Times Free Press reporter, questioned Jerry about the evidence after a prayer service in January, Jerry “got pretty upset pretty quickly,” Massey told me. “He scoffed, like, ‘This is crazy, this is stupid.’ ”

Jerry did not respond to multiple texts and voicemails from me over the course of the past several weeks. But I talked to Leslie one last time, a few days after the newspaper story came out. She sounded shellshocked. She and Johnny had been on the phone constantly, talking with followers and canceling their future appearances at churches and conferences. “We don’t want to do anything that would harm anybody,” he’d said. “This is like a big bomb thrown in the middle of everything.” The pastor of Rock Bridge Community Church, Matt Evans, who had loaned the Wink Theatre to the oil ministry, posted a response online to the controversy, describing the ministry’s “mistakes” as a reminder of the importance of “biblical leadership structures”—a rebuke, if a gentle one, to Jerry and Johnny’s pride in rejecting the fetters of institutional Christianity.

Jerry denied the newspaper story completely, saying the managers were lying. But Leslie said he had admitted to the group that he bought mineral oil one time. (She later reported this on the group’s website.) When the oil stopped producing a while, he had panicked, bought some oil, and stored it in the garage. But he told his friends that “the Lord didn’t let me do anything with it” and he had never used it. “We’ve been over and over and over it again [with him],” Leslie said. “Is that it? And he has said the same thing over and over again.”

Leslie said she didn’t know what to think now. If Jerry was refilling the oil, “it will cause people to be more jaded or more skeptical about anything God is doing. It’s like a black eye for God.” No one was angry at Massey, she said; he was just doing his job. And she wasn’t angry with Jerry, either. But she wanted to know the truth. If it’s not true, her friend is being falsely accused. If it were true that he was refilling the oil himself, she would be sad and afraid for him. “That’s not the Jerry I’ve known in the past at all,” she said, her voice quavering. “If it’s true, then the enemy has gotten a hook in him somehow.”
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

The recent tornado near Nashville TN killed 24 people, but that is not important because A BIBLE WAS DISCOVERED IN A TREE! IT'S A MIRACLE!
WATCH: Bible Discovered In Tree Amid Nashville Tornado Destruction
A music producer discovered a poignant reminder that God is in control – even in the aftermath of severe weather. Watch below. On Monday, tornadoes carved a path of death and devastation across Middle Tennessee. At least 24 people were killed and dozens were injured. Hundreds of homes and businesses were destroyed. Big Cee O’Neal, a musician and producer, was helping a friend clean up storm damage when he noticed a large book caught in a tree. It was the Holy Bible. “God is our rock. He just showed it to you. Im praying for you. God is looking to you. He’s with you. Blessed be you and all others in the same situation,” one observer noted on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/bigceee/status/1234961052921626626

https://www.toddstarnes.com/faith/watch ... social-pug
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”