• In total there are 19 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath - Season 2

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath - Season 2

Unread post

If you're interested in the subject, this series is recommended. Not sure when Season 2 starts, but the 2 hour preview is worth watching on A & E. I used to think the worst of Scientology came out after David Miscavige took over, but this preview documents the psychotic aggressive actions against outsiders has been official policy since L. Ron Hubbard wrote them 1955 - 1959. Leah Remini and Mike Rinder (former Scientology enforcer) are working on a major lawsuit against that organization.

“Engaging in litigation with Scientology is not something that anyone but a fool does lightly." Mike Rinder

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/30/scientology ... -season-2/
http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/27/leah-remini ... -season-2/
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath - Season 2

Unread post

I'm LOVING the show! My wife and I and lots of people we know are pretty fired up about a potential lawsuit. I can't believe they've been allowed to cause the harm they have caused for so long. Leah Remini is impressing the hell out of me. Mike, on the other hand, scares me. This guy did so much wrong for so many years that I struggle to forgive him. How about you, LanDroid? Oh, and on a superficial level I find Leah Remini to be really gorgeous.
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
Gnostic Bishop
Just realized BookTalk.org is awesome!

Unread post

I think all religions are basically tribal units. It is beyond my understanding why anyone would voluntarily choose to join or remain in an abusive religion and not seek a better one.

I understand the draw of the tribe but to join Scientology turns my small amount of tribal understanding on it's head.

Care to speculate on the poor psychology of joining such a religion?

Regards
DL
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

I am enjoying this season. The info is even more damaging than the 1st season. Currently a few episodes behind, but I am interested in the lawsuit. Unfortunately I figure if something major was about to happen, the media would have already picked up on it.

Somehow my wife got onto a local Scientology mailing list. They butcher her name as "Houant," so who knows where that came from. Here's a photo of the materials received a day or two ago.

Out of morbid curiosity, my daughter set up an anonymous account and took the personality test. More on that later...
Attachments
DSC_2853a.JPG
DSC_2853a.JPG (524.59 KiB) Viewed 5454 times
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I agree about a possible lawsuit. If it were to be a big lawsuit targeting the whole church we'd have heard about it. Something tells me it will be a small suit where one victim seeks some sort of restoration/settlement. That won't impress me much. I'd like to see the church attacked for taking children away from their parents, forcing abortions, locking people up in "the hole," physical abuse by COB, etc...
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Re: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath - Season 3

Unread post

Is anyone watching Season 3? It's amazing, even after two previous seasons each show exposes another jaw-dropping dimension of this cult.
In one episode, they detail parallels with tactics used by Jehovah's Witnesses, another cult to stay away from. :x
Scientology is infiltrating the Nation of Islam. :shock:
Two episodes on what happened in Clearwater FL.

https://www.aetv.com/shows/leah-remini- ... h/season-3
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Kinda interesting to speculate about Elizabeth Moss, the star of The Handmaid's Taleand a scientologist. Are the parallels of Gilead/Scientology world apparent to her?
Last edited by DWill on Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Re: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath - Finale

Unread post

After a delay of several months, the final episode in this series aired Monday 8/26/19. Look for it on A & E. If you can't get it, there's an online link below.

It's amazing that after three seasons, each episode still finds new outrages in Scientology abuse. In the final episode, rape victims speak out and describe how they were counseled that rape had not occurred, children were forced to audit/interview their abusers, and even publicly apologize and forgive their abusers. Incredible. More lawsuits are coming. And even more material, evidently there was quite a bit of information that was not allowed to be aired during this series.

https://rutube.ru/video/d91d5a5ba49618f ... ref=search

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”