• In total there are 31 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 31 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Jesus = good. Yahweh/Allah = evil. Trinity = evil?

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Gnostic Bishop
Just realized BookTalk.org is awesome!

Unread post

In Chrestianity, which I think was the original Gnostic Christianity before Christianity took it over and changed the name to Christianity, Jesus was considered a good man archetype. Jesus’ God was also thought of as a good God.

Christianity and Islam created a demonstrably evil Yahweh/Allah with an immoral Original Sin concept, as well as other immoral doctrines, --- that the Jewish myth never had. Jews read an Original Virtue into Eden. Not a fall.

Christianity created and adopted the Trinity concept many years after Jesus died. Christianity kowtowed to Constantine and tied a reasonably good Jesus to a demonstrably evil Yahweh/Allah.

Was it a good idea to tie a good Jesus to an evil Yahweh/Allah?

Regards
DL
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: Jesus = good. Yahweh/Allah = evil. Trinity = evil?

Unread post

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.
John 1: 1-2

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
John 1: 14

I and the Father are one.
John 10:30

...the Father is in me and I am in the Father.

Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.
John 14:9 - 11
As those verses indicate, I believe you're making a mistake in attempting to separate Jesus from Yahweh and the Trinity. Jesus was inextricably bound with Yahweh from the beginning, therefore Jesus is guilty of many horrendous crimes such as the near extinction genocide known as Noah's Ark. I think Islam considers Allah to be the same Deity as Yahweh, the God of Abraham, but I've lost track of the details and could be wrong.

So no, since they all committed abhorrent crimes as mentioned above, there is no "good" part of any of those Deities.

Kinda-sorta related, but not really, just for fun: From the Beginning by ELP
Isaiah 1:15

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Exodus 21: 23 - 25
Gnostic Bishop

Unread post

LanDroid wrote:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.
John 1: 1-2

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.
John 1: 14

I and the Father are one.

...the Father is in me and I am in the Father.

Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.
John 14:9 - 11
As those verses indicate, I believe you're making a mistake in attempting to separate Jesus from Yahweh and the Trinity. Jesus was inextricably bound with Yahweh from the beginning, therefore Jesus is guilty of many horrendous crimes such as the near extinction genocide known as Noah's Ark. I think Islam considers Allah to be the same Deity as Yahweh, the God of Abraham, but I've lost track of the details and could be wrong.

So no, since they all committed abhorrent crimes as mentioned above, there is no "good" part of any of those Deities.

Kinda-sorta related, but not really, just for fun: From the Beginning by ELP
You might be right but Bishop Spong kind of kills the notion of what your quotes indicate and I trust his judgement more than the plagiarized bible.

I found this whole link interesting but if your time is short, start this up at the 15 min. mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUmKEH9jnu8

Regards
DL
kamel2500
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Gnostic Bishop wrote:Jesus = good. Yahweh/Allah = evil. Trinity = evil? Audacity Find My iPhone Origin

In Chrestianity, which I think was the original Gnostic Christianity before Christianity took it over and changed the name to Christianity, Jesus was considered a good man archetype. Jesus’ God was also thought of as a good God.

Christianity and Islam created a demonstrably evil Yahweh/Allah with an immoral Original Sin concept, as well as other immoral doctrines, --- that the Jewish myth never had. Jews read an Original Virtue into Eden. Not a fall.

Christianity created and adopted the Trinity concept many years after Jesus died. Christianity kowtowed to Constantine and tied a reasonably good Jesus to a demonstrably evil Yahweh/Allah.

Regards
DL

I don't think that this is true , becuase a human can be a good
Last edited by kamel2500 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Lanroid wrote:
Jesus was inextricably bound with Yahweh from the beginning, therefore Jesus is guilty of many horrendous crimes such as the near extinction genocide known as Noah's Ark.
I'm pretty certain the Bible portrays a progressive perceptual understanding of man's attempt to understand the nature of a personal god.

You're doing what is typical of many biblical illiterate atheists - conflating "them" all.
Gnostic Bishop

Unread post

kamel2500 wrote:
Gnostic Bishop wrote:Jesus = good. Yahweh/Allah = evil. Trinity = evil? Audacity Find My iPhone Origin

Regards
DL

I don't think that this is true , becuase a human can be a good
A human can also be an evil. I offer Hitler as an example.

I don't know exactly what you do not believe true as you did not offer to or correct me in amy way.

Biblically speaking, that is chastisement without correction which to it is you showing the hate in your heart for your fellow man.

Proverbs 3:12 For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViMF510wqWA

Regards
DL
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

ant wrote:LanDroid wrote:
Jesus was inextricably bound with Yahweh from the beginning, therefore Jesus is guilty of many horrendous crimes such as the near extinction genocide known as Noah's Ark.
I'm pretty certain the Bible portrays a progressive perceptual understanding of man's attempt to understand the nature of a personal god.
You're doing what is typical of many biblical illiterate atheists - conflating "them" all.
Sure it's possible to view the Bible as a progressive understanding, but that does not alter the Dogma that the Eternal Triune Deity (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) has not changed from the beginning. I quoted other verses that show, as stated before, "I believe you're making a mistake in attempting to separate Jesus from Yahweh and the Trinity." There's nothing to conflate, They have always been One. Jesus was present and made the decision when God stripped Saul of his Kingship because, although Saul "put to death men and women, children and infants, camels and donkeys" as God instructed, he disobeyed by saving a few of the best sheep and cattle. As the Word of the Lord came to Samuel, Jesus asked the infamous question in 1 Samuel 15 “What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears? What is this lowing of cattle that I hear?”

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.
Litwitlou

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Droppin' Knowledge

Unread post

LanDroid wrote: As the Word of the Lord came to Samuel, Jesus asked the infamous question in 1 Samuel 15 “What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears? What is this lowing of cattle that I hear?”
Jesus did what when?
"I have a great relationship with the blacks."
Donald J. Trump
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

I should have picked a simpler example, basic point is Jesus is part of the Triune Deity that committed or demanded many of the atrocities described in the Old Testament. The title of this thread is accurate (minus the question mark).

ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

LanDroid wrote:I should have picked a simpler example, basic point is Jesus is part of the Triune Deity that committed or demanded many of the atrocities described in the Old Testament. The title of this thread is accurate (minus the question mark).

The doctrine of the trinity was not mentioned or developed (explicitly) until the new testament. And even at that point the discussion was fluid and has been pondered and developed since.

You need to stop pretending you are theologically familiar with concepts you obviously have a static and shallow understanding of.

Your "intellectual" behavior on topics like this is typical of atheistic biblical literalists. They have a tendency to interpret the bible more literally than religious fundamentalists
Stop.

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”