• In total there are 59 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 58 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Conceptual Death.

Engage in conversations about worldwide religions, cults, philosophy, atheism, freethought, critical thinking, and skepticism in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Conceptual Death.

Unread post

The concept of death: The end of the life of a person or organism…relative of course…we know that death is coming for us all and can be the finality of a place…a thing…It can be a philosophical stopblock, the proverbial end of the line :) .
I’ve seemingly reached the point of life where I can no longer relay the death of someone person without being informed about the death of another person I have/do know.
Ideas die, What ideas are dead?
I don’t want to be morbid but…again,
What ideas are dead?
Religion to me has crucified itself…an idea.
The war machine to me, more over peace has the greater monetary value…an idea.
The politics of self absorption to me has the greater virtue than the politics of communal libation…an idea.
Fear of the impossible to me has greater power than the reality of probability…an idea.
I find that in the chase for a buck I come late to the show and am vilified for the pursuit.
I look to those who claim to be my betters and see that theirs is a one way street.
I’m writing of the media here. I have found that they have let me down. I have consumed them to the point that they cannot comprehend the impact that they have created…the monster as it were/is.
For decade upon decade there has been a steady stream of them diatribing life as they see it.
They, like Frankenstein ultimately run from their creation.
They/them. Those people, who are the great guessers ( that’s what Vonnegut called them) of life have without doubt failed the masses. They are without doubt petrified to face their creation.
Manufactured Consent: Where the wind blows I shall pull you by the nose.
Harvesting dollars and sense conglomerated dispatch
Presses the ridge of patience
And punctures blinding vision bloody raw tears
Tell me something! what should a frog taste like?
I’m understanding that there are averages.
Life cycles of species…2 million years is my understanding, Homo sapiens appear to be around a quarter way through their evolutionary cycle. Small potato species we are but yet we are by all indications the most consciously aware. Queer that it is so because beyond evolutionary failure, we are still in the driver seat for the capacity to oblige our own demise…we can make ourselves disappear but for a fossil record.
We can control our destiny but it appears that we are choosing not to. Predetermination…arguably one of the defining philosophical questions we’ve failed to come to terms with.
We emerged and evolved, we created nonsensical stories to comprehend the meaning of us. Pretending that ancient/antiquated stories have relevance. An idea.
Thousands of years are second nature/inbred survival…what’s beyond instinct?.
Evolution as fact. Yet has civil society kept up with the times?
Hobbes must be…could be…would he…grin from ear to ear? an idea.
Are we pretending not to be brutes? pinkies out! an idea.
A thing taste as it should
a smooth smile slips and a tooth chips
My that local star its upright and downright
It is never just up there
it comes from all sides. I can look down
there it is, when it is at my back
It blinds my eyes, a’skance is no different
The troubling affair of life, the joy of life.

I’m hungry…I shall eat!
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Re: Conceptual Death.

Unread post

Streaming Consciousness along the lines of conceptual death:
The potato rot of Mr. Potato Head
and the oblique choice of dreads.
not locks but locked up.
Section 3 of the 14th Amendment is self enforcing.
The words speak for themselves as those who wrote them
Are speaking for we the people- today.
To think that people who are long past dead could not get it
: that the future would/could benefit from the past—such arrogance.
Those rotting potato heads clutching at vaunted rostrum
Seem to have lost-no- disregard more like, every smart thing uttered, written, proposed
from those antecedent.
Varmints from the past burrowing holes in the present state of mind,
Now is the time of the Earwigs, they’re burrowing in.
Gaslighting is not enough: (am I crazy or what?)
They’ve burrowed in, they’ve secreted/shit? bad ideas that,
Just don’t die! , There is a pandemic.
It is rotting too many minds or is it toxoplasmosis?
I think partly it is. Chronic brain damage wrought by an all to close relationship with cat feces- it compels rats to get hard from the smell of cat urine. It makes them bolder,
It also has infected about half the population of the planet earth.
Any mammal can be infected with this parasite, it’s pleasantly dystopian, because it explains so much.
As long as there has been felines there has been Toxoplasmosis.
If we consider the Fertile Crescent and the Egyptian love of domesticated cats, we can expect to find that there is a significant correlation with their love of gods and the associated disasters that occur with that clamor for deification of the brain damaged.
I’m not seeing any poetry here. Just the motion of humanity as determined by close proximity to cat shit :?
Let’s not exclude barnyard animals- Noah’s Ark anyone?
The catastrophe of humanity is humanity! No gods can change that. It is in the heads of all physically, overwhelming everyone. That’s the story of the human brain.
Overwhelmed by cat shit.
We are impressed by our late common ancestors but really it’s the feline ancestors who shaped us.
First we were in trees because of them.
Then we stood upright at the savanna because of them.
Once we domesticated them we cuddled them, now they coddle us.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

I’m wondering who was the first and what was it like to be that person to proclaim that humanity is Fucked? And did they make the connection to cats.
The cradle of civilization had to have been a mess. For eons it surly has remained so!.
Kina2
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

The topic of death always evokes a feeling of dread within me, however, I strive to approach it with a perspective of acceptance and understanding, which helps me cope with the fear.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

Question:
If consciousness is a product of evolution, Is consciousness an evolutionary failure?.
extensivesdraught
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Consciousness should not be considered a failure of creation. Your article has stated the definition of death. Do you mean that consciousness helps people distinguish between life and death? When humans die, we no longer have the same consciousness as when we were alive.
tunnel rushMarry Hayden

Return to “Religion & Philosophy”