• In total there are 62 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 61 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Suntup Press - The World Doesn't End by Charles Simic

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Syntax
Official Newbie!

Suntup Press - The World Doesn't End by Charles Simic

Unread post

I’m looking forward to this one and thought I’d post about it here as I haven’t seen it mentioned. Suntup Press has announced a fine press limited edition of The World Doesn’t End by Charles Simic, signed by the author.

By turns funny and poignant, whimsical and down-to-earth, The World Doesn’t End by Charles Simic is a Pulitzer Prize-winning collection by a poet at the height of his powers. Simic masterfully constructs bizarre, unpredictable, and captivating visions in lyrical sentences that pile one incongruous turn upon another, building images that are full of surprise. Much like the river in one poem which flows backward, the power of Simic’s inner world derives from turning logic on its head and taking a look from another direction.

The signed limited edition of The World Doesn’t End by Charles Simic is presented in two states: Lettered and Numbered. The editions measure 6” x 9” and feature four full-color images by Wendy Mark. Both editions are signed by Charles Simic and Wendy Mark.

There are very few copies remaining at https://suntup.press/the-world-doesnt-end/

Lettered Edition
The Lettered edition is limited to 26 copies and is a full Goatskin binding. Endsheets are Italian Bertini paper and the edition is printed letterpress with two colors throughout on mould-made Zerkall. The clamshell enclosure is covered in Japanese cloth with velvet floors.

Numbered Edition
The Numbered edition of 150 copies is a full Japanese cloth binding with a foil-stamped spine label. Endsheets are Hahnemühle Bugra and the edition is printed letterpress with two colors throughout on Teton. It is housed in a Japanese cloth-covered slipcase.

"What is wonderful about great literature is that it transforms the man who reads it towards the condition of the man who wrote."
- E. M. Forster

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”