• In total there are 34 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 34 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

His 16th Face by Stephanie Van Orman (looking for reviewers)

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Stephanie Van Orman
Official Newbie!

His 16th Face by Stephanie Van Orman (looking for reviewers)

Unread post

Hi Everyone,
Here's a synopsis and then an excerpt from my book His 16th Face.

Christian is the wrong man for Beth to love. Everything about him is forbidden. If he loved her, it would be a crime. If she loved him, she would be overlooking a hundred lies. She knew when she woke up on a beach in Mexico after years of battling heart disease, that he had risked everything to save her. The past always catches up to him. Hunted, he must change his name and change his face, as if he never even existed. The price of love is unimaginable.

"Have you ever been in love with a liar? Have you ever been in love with someone who is completely pretentious? They're lying to you. You know they're lying, yet they could ask you for absolutely anything and you'd give it to them. Why? Because you trust that liar. You trust something in their expression, in the brush of their fingertips, and the promise of devotion in their eyes no matter what the last thing they said was.”

Rogan’s expression had split in half. That was what happened when a practiced liar had to play a part but still had to feel within himself. The half that was Rogan looked annoyed, while the half that had been my Christian was visibly moved. “You shouldn’t love that kind of man, Beth.”

I ruffled my hair. “No kidding. How I feel about you is just as bad. I know you’re wrong for me. I know you don’t want to love me and you’re just sitting on that couch now because you’re worried I won’t be safe if you don’t. I love that you feel that way. Stay. I’ll make you dinner.”

I'm delighted to be here. I just put a new book out last month and I'm looking for reviewers! It's a romance with a dash of sci-fi. If you're interested in reviewing, please go to the booksprout link below to get your advanced reader copy (ARC). It’s free, just remember to leave reviews when you're finished!

https://booksprout.co/arc/37479/his-16th-face

Thanks!
Stephanie

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”