• In total there are 41 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 41 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The Gloaming - a fantasy fable.

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Daniel Hare
Official Newbie!

The Gloaming - a fantasy fable.

Unread post

Good Evening,

I have recently self-published my first fantasy novel, The Gloaming, which is book one in the duology, The Procession.

When I started to construct a story from the thoughts and opinions I had going to waste in my head, I started by creating archetypal characters, unique enough to be intriguing, but familiar enough to remind the reader of people in their own lives. I wanted to watch with a conflicting mix of remorse and pride as these characters dealt with relatable, real-world issues in their own, increasingly dangerous environment. I wanted to write a fast-paced, desperate search for an answer to a question which haunts us all. I wanted to write a thrilling story in a genre I personally enjoy, to explore themes familiar to us all – a story which describes the elevation from dealing with the seemingly futile nature of life to learning how to recognise the joy in every moment. I wanted to write about mages and heroes fighting against great evil, but to have them as simply products of their experiences and the great evil represent a very human trait to seek comfort in taking what we could from the world and people around us.

I believe I have managed to achieve that across the duology.

Below is the address of my website, where you can find out more about me and my fledgling writing career.

I very much hope you enjoy what you read.

https://daniel-hare.com/
Attachments
The Gloaming ebook cover.
The Gloaming ebook cover.
The Gloaming For Kindle JPG Version.jpg (196.92 KiB) Viewed 598 times

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”