• In total there are 43 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 42 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Elf Doubt (Elf Mastery, Book 2)

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
Bryant Reil
Official Newbie!

Elf Doubt (Elf Mastery, Book 2)

Unread post

I recently put my second book, Elf Doubt, up on Amazon. It follows the events of Elf Mastery in which Kyla Nim, a young elf woman, stopped Erebus from cloaking the world in eternal darkness. In Book 2, the world faces the aftermath. The King and Queen of the World of Order suffer dissent from those who don't believe the official stories on Erebus. Refugees from the attacks by Erebus' forces, as well as Erebus' former followers, not roam as bandits. Meanwhile, Kyla is hired by a mysterious patron in a work-for-credit program to recover the fragments of a powerful spell.
Sitting on powerful and dangerous secrets, Kyla wonders who she can trust as tragedy and doubt strike her from every side.

As a note, I was very excited that Piers Anthony read this book for his newsletter this month. (He also did the first book two years ago). I will post his comments here, as I was very pleased he was willing to do it.

I read Elf Doubt by Bryant Reil. I read the author's first novel in this series, Elf Mastery, in 2016. My aging memory is not what it once was, and the details of the first book have faded, but I remember liking Kyla, the perky and sometimes headstrong tree-dwelling elf girl. In this sequel Kyla quickly gets on a new mission and into serious trouble. It is a restless time, politically, with threats against the existing order, and she discovers that it's hard to trust anyone else, including the queen herself. Details are complicated, with many intertwining threads, and violence and death strike all around her. She seems to have been selected for some special purpose, but she doesn't know what it might be, and her friends may not really be her friends. By the end the king and queen have been dispatched, and Kyla is chief of one group and queen of another, without much notion what she should be doing or whether she is likely to survive long enough to find out. In fact the story becomes grim, and it is not yet done, as this book ends in the middle of the action. So this is no sweet gentle innocent girl story. I suspect that much anguish remains before it ends.

Piers Anthony

Anyway this book is on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Elf-Doubt-Master ... =elf+doubt

Bryant

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”