• In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

The Sigian Bracelet - a SF story starting in an alien world locked inside a weird space distortion

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
GeorgeTome
Official Newbie!

The Sigian Bracelet - a SF story starting in an alien world locked inside a weird space distortion

Unread post

Hi all,

My debut novel, "The Sigian Bracelet" is finally published on Amazon.
It took me over ten years to reach the point where I was content enough with the novel to have it published. All my life I was a perfectionist and I couldn’t let something out of my hands before I did all I could to make it better. I can only hope I succeeded with my first book.

Check the full story’s prologue on the book’s website, http://www.TheSigianBracelet.com
The cover and the concept art of the website were made by Adam Kuczek, an incredibly talented concept artist who works on Hollywood’s biggest blockbuster movies.

How would it be to live in a world without night, its sky glowing hotter and hotter with every passing day?
This is Antyra, an alien star system locked inside a weird space distortion. Its inhabitants know the meaning of stars only from the old legends.
One of the three inhabited planets is the cradle of the Antyran civilization, while the other two were recently colonized, after the Antyrans build their first fusion engines.

Antyra is a beautiful, unified civilization, but below the fragile surface there is a dark rift threatening the peace and tranquility of the inhabitants.

The world wasn't always locked in the distortion. During the ancient times, Antyra was a cold planet where two related species, the Grahs and the Antyrans, lived sometimes in cities dug in the icecap.
On a beautiful summer morning, 1250 years before the start of our story, the gods had arrived on their world. It wasn’t actually a pleasant encounter. At least not for the Antyrans, if only because the gods burned their cities to the ground, forbade the Antyran ancient religion, and locked the whole star system inside the distortion that held them captive ever since, hiding the stars.
After such an awesome display of destruction, they went back to where they came, but not before investing an Antyran—called Baila I—as their first prophet.

Our story starts with an archaeological discovery in Sigarion, a small Antyran city on a planet that wasn't supposed to have history, since it was only recently colonized.
The remnants of a spaceship buried for over a thousand years in a ravine will open up the chest of madness, a madness that everyone wanted forgotten, buried for eternity in the obscure foldings of their history.
The gods have returned. Dead or alive, it is of no importance. The gods are here, and certainly brought answers to many troubling questions, questions that the Antyrans didn’t even dare to ask.

This is a quest to discover the hidden history of the Antyran world, a quest for survival... But more than that, it is a search for the meaning of being alive, a walk to the fine line between life and death, a discovery of how technology would eventually blur their boundary.
Behind these answers lay hidden the frontier of the night. What lies beyond the edge of nothingness?

Make sure you check the book's website (where you can read or download the first 4 chapters of the novel for free) and the e-book on Amazon.

George Tome

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”