• In total there are 14 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 14 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Open for comments and feedback - 'Another Stupid Spell' by Bill Ricardi

Authors are invited and encouraged to present their FICTION books solely within this forum.
billricardi
Official Newbie!

Open for comments and feedback - 'Another Stupid Spell' by Bill Ricardi

Unread post

Hi folks, this is Bill Ricardi, author of Another Stupid Spell

This is my first foray into the realm of full length fiction, having been a technical writer and author for periodicals in the past. So all comments and feedback are welcome, and all topics of discussion (in regards to the book, the writing process, self publishing, etc.) are open season.

'Another Stupid Spell' is a first person, non-omniscient high fantasy novel. The vocabulary and sophistication of the narrative shifts as the narrator's intelligence shifts, much like the late 1950's novel 'Flowers for Algernon'. Expect some amount of magic, adventure, violence, romance, and emotion.

---

Plot: Sorch is an orc mage in a world where orcs are cursed with stupidity every time they cast a spell. The only spell he can safely cast is Enhance Intelligence, which feeds a mysterious artefact called the ‘Voodoo Engine’ and gets work done for his tribe. Sorch is basically a slave, casting a single spell over and over again to avoid being beaten by the chief’s warrior caste.

With the help of some new friends, Sorch breaks the cycle and becomes a real mage. He leaves his swamp and embarks on a series of incredibly dangerous adventures. During his travels he encounters horrible injury, magical treasures, love, snow, university admissions tests, a plot against the Kingdom, and then of course he saves the world. Or does he?

Be prepared to rethink everything you know about thinking. If your own intelligence was the fuel that your magic ran on, how brightly would you dare to burn?

---

Cover illustration was done by the amazing Hugor and Hugorky Rodriguez.

If you read the book and enjoy it, I only ask that you leave your feedback on Amazon as well. In case you didn't know, certain advertising mediums (and most of the popular book clubs) require you to have between 5 and 10 positive reviews on Amazon before they'll even look at you. So if you liked it, please make that extra effort to say a few kind words on Amazon.

I'm happy to take your questions, and of course I'll field process questions even if you haven't read the book.

Thanks!

Bill Ricardi

Return to “Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book!”