• In total there are 20 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 20 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Pillars of The Earth by Ken Follet

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
GerryLuvzBookz
Official Newbie!

Pillars of The Earth by Ken Follet

Unread post

Learned that one of my favorite novels PILLARS OF THE EARTH was adapted into a miniseries - looks incredible! Has anyone else seen this? Apparently the DVD releases next week 11/23. Thought I'd share, for any of my fellow Pillars fans out there.

http://www.sonypictures.com/homevideo/t ... ftheearth/

Arrem
Getting Comfortable

Re: Pillars of The Earth by Ken Follet

Unread post

I've been watching the series on TV. Ian McShane is a superbly villainous Waleran Bigod. More info:
http://www.the-pillars-of-the-earth.tv/ ... 3&Itemid=2

I've never read anything by Follett, but am keen now to read the book.
JulianTheApostate
Masters

Unread post

Since Pillars of the Earth is rather long, I'd recommend starting off with his shorter books. A Dangerous Fortune is my favorite light novel. The Man from St. Petersburg and Eye of the Needle are also quite good. If you enjoy those books, you can dive into Pillars of the Earth. However, his more recent books are disappointing.
Arrem
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Thank you. That's very helpful. I'm rather taken with the topic of Pillars of the Earth, though. It reminds me of Golding's The Spire.
Randy Kadish
Cunning Linguist

Unread post

I saw it and didn't like it. I thought the characters were one-dimensional and not very interesting.

Randy

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”