• In total there are 16 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 16 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

A Serious Man

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
weaver
Gaining experience

A Serious Man

Unread post

Has anyone else seen the Coen & Coen brother movie "A Serious Man" either in the theatre or on DVD? If so, what did you think?
Was trying to come up with a way to describe it to a friend, other then 'quirky'.
Sofia
Getting Comfortable

Re: A Serious Man

Unread post

I just got the DVD on Saturday...but haven't watched it yet...will get back to you when I do!
weaver
Gaining experience

Unread post

I've found that people either really liked this movie or detested it. There seems to be no gray area. I was surprised by the vehement negative reaction from one friend, who, normally is very verbal, but could not say why they disliked it so.
Esoldra
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

I disliked it though I can come up with a few words as to why - the whole movie radiates grey. The story goes nowhere and the movie ends when there is the first sign of anything happening. The main character just muddles along life - he is in no way likeable or decisive, and you don't care what happens to him - just as well as nothing does. It has this sense of being a movie people say they like but don't know why. Perhaps it may be a clash of cultural humour.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”