• In total there are 21 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 21 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

How do I read and crochet at the same time?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
blankspace101
Eligible to vote in book polls!

How do I read and crochet at the same time?

Unread post

:laugh: seriously I'm a big reader but I also love to crochet. And as of late crocheting has been taking up ALL of my free time! I feel so behind in my reading, But my blanket is coming along so beautifully! :laugh:
I think I need two sets of eyes

What other hobbies do you all have?
-why can't we all just have a little fun as we ponder our way through this crazy school of life?
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Re: How do I read and crochet at the same time?

Unread post

Stop playing with your crochet. It might me healthy to play with your crochet but it shouldn't take up your reading time. What kind of material are you reading that makes you want to play with your crochet all the time? I used to have the same problem. I would play with my crochet every day and sometimes even twice or three times a day. I played with my crochet too much so I can relate to what you're saying. All I can suggest is to choose some reading material that doesn't get you excited enough to want to play with your crochet yet still keeps you so interested that you don't want to play with it.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
One more post ought to do it.

Unread post

Pres.C - Inuendos are not the answer. :wink:

The good thing about crochet is that you only have one needle to worry about and only one stitch to drop. Knitting is only possible whilst watching TV. I can't read and knit. Some people manage.

To crochet and watch TV is easy. To crochet and read is more difficult and one would need to adapt ones crochet pattern to suit to book and not the other way around.

Do you crochet squares and then sew them all together to make a blanket? I used to teach crochet at evening classes. I just taught everyone to crochet a square because from a square you can make all kinds of things. I made different coloured squares into a cot blanket for my baby, then I unpicked them and made them into a sleeveless jacket for me and a little cute one when the baby became a toddler. Then I made more of the same squares and they became a spread for her little bed.........

If the book is gripping enough, one can't NOT read it. I have been known to read whilst ironing......
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world is mad....

Rafael Sabatini
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

I've got the solution. It's as easy as getting someone else to play with your crochet. As long as they're doing it correctly you're assured to be delighted and in good humor while you read - only taking a break now and then to keep an eye on them and of course to enjoy when it's finished.
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

Or, Pres.C., better still, get some one to read to you whilst you crochet!! Yeah!!

We had it backside foremost, now we know.
Only those become weary of angling who bring nothing to it but the idea of catching fish.

Rafael Sabatini
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

nah, it's more fun when someone else plays with your crochet... trust me on this.
tootall1121
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

books on CD
GaryG48
Sophomore

Unread post

My grandmother did just that for years. Read her magazines while she crocheted. I once asked her why she didn't knit like other people. She said she had to look at knitting but she chould crochet by feel.
--Gary

"Freedom is feeling easy in your harness" --Robert Frost
Penelope

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

And, of course Gary, you only have one needle to think about and one stitch at a time with crochet.

When my elder son Jake was a little boy, I told him it was rude to watch TV when someone else was trying to have a conversation with him. He said, 'You Knit!'. And I thought he was calling me a 'nit' - so I sent him to sit on the naughty step, where he cried and complained that he was being victimised......Story of his life really!! :lol:

Rafael Sabatini
Rigid Bones
Master Debater

Unread post

You could get a Kindle and switch it to audio....?

www.ithinkivegotit.com

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”