• In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 709 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:09 am

Cannibalism

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.

If properly inspected and prepared, would you eat human meat?

Yes

14%
No

36%
Only if I was starving

50%
I already have

No votes

Total votes: 22
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Cannibalism

Unread post

Ok, this is my first poll and it concerns cannibalism.
Last edited by President Camacho on Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

Camacho, my "C dans L'Air" TV programme today was about video game addiction and they mentioned a website for young people that is supposed to be fordidden which deals with cannibalism. it sounded something like Reuben or Reuten.
Have you heard of such a thing?
Ophelia.
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

After reading this short article about how cannibalism is portrayed in video games, I found the whole affair pretty amusing and blown way out of proportion as usual. If you think about it... any video game with zombies in it has some kind of cannibalistic aspect to it. That's what zombies do; they eat people. Because they eat human brains doesn't mean that children are going to want to do the same thing.

Video games about fictional characters that eat cow meat or dog meat are the same to me as video games about characters that eat human meat. It's the act of killing that should be viewed as immoral, not the act of eating meat (human or otherwise).

What if there were video games about characters that eat excrement? Will kids start eating excrement? If they do then it's probably in the best interest of the phylogeny that they die anyway. lol

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10257524/
Daisy
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I have been to survival school, and I still don't think I could do it. :whot:
~Daisy
coffeeaddict
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Whilst a little gross, I find the subject of cannibalism fascinating. Anyone know of any good reads? be it non-fiction or fiction.
Ophelia

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Oddly Attracted to Books

Unread post

You might want to have a look at Cannibals and Kings by Martin Harris, which Camacho and I have just finished discussing (in the "Additional Non-Fiction" forum).
The book only gives a few paragraphs about cannibalism, but it is written in an interesting way from an anthropologist's point of view, which I find welcome after the usual horror stories and films, or the joke-giggling- category, which is also devoid of information.
The fact that canibalism elicits the reactions mentioned above also tells something about our collective feelings about cannibalism.
Ophelia.
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

I voted that I would if I were starving. Something gross, but relevant to this topic is the discussion of what human meat you would start with. Now, this usually refers to people already dead. I wonder how much of your own body you might eat. This may be preferable to killing someone else to eat in a dire situation. This one goes out to all of you fingernail chompers, booger-eaters, and ear cheese lovers! LOL :whot:
ayemea
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

I don't really know, if I would be able to eat human meat even if I were starving (never tried it out before). But I think, I could never kill someone and then eat him. That would definitely be too disgusting and I would rather starve to death than doing something like that.
But to think of something else: Would you mind, if someone eats you when you are already dead and he is starving?
I think, I myself wouldn't have a big problem with that and I won't care about it anymore, if I'm dead.
Actually, I never thought about something like that until now, but it's an interesting topic.
Greg Neuman

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
All Your Posts are Belong to Us!

Unread post

tarav wrote:I voted that I would if I were starving. Something gross, but relevant to this topic is the discussion of what human meat you would start with. Now, this usually refers to people already dead. I wonder how much of your own body you might eat. This may be preferable to killing someone else to eat in a dire situation. This one goes out to all of you fingernail chompers, booger-eaters, and ear cheese lovers! LOL :whot:
Read Survivor Type by Stephen King, Tara. It's a short story that you can find in his Skeleton Crew collection. It's a rather disturbing look at exactly what you're suggesting.
"When kind men get angry, things are about to change."

- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

If I were starving I am sure I could eat human flesh... if it were cooked right!

Soylent green is made from people! :whot:

Later
That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”