• In total there are 26 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 26 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Second Life entrepreneur - my brother!

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Second Life entrepreneur - my brother!

Unread post

The below video is my real life brother, Tim, being interviewed on Fox 13 news about his Second Life business. Second Life is a MASSIVE online world where creative people like my brother make real world money selling their creations. My brother happens to be the creator of the most popular grand piano in Second Life.

Check this out.....

Last edited by Chris OConnor on Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

Wow. That's awesome. Good for your brother! Now he has no excuse when you ask him to borrow some money! :laugh:

So he programs the game to create a piano and then other gamers buy it? How does that work? You two must be really into computers. :komp_cr:
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

No, he doesn't program the computer to create the piano. He designed it himself - every last detail. I don't know the program he uses, but it is a complicated process that takes extensive skill, patience and creativity.

Even though thousands of other Second Life players have the same design tool at their disposal, very few could ever design something so intricate. It is hard to explain since I'm not a designer or programmer, but I am very proud of his skills and accomplishments. Having the News come to his house to interview him is just amazing.

My brother is very into computers, not me. I use them to get stuff done. But Tim does stuff at a much deeper level. He designs, programs and creates. When I get stumped I turn to him for help.
Please consider supporting BookTalk.org by donating today!
tarav

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Unread post

Wow. I had no idea of this Second Life thing. I'm glad for your brother, Chris!
WildCityWoman
Genius

Unread post

Your brother's very clever, Chris.

Does he look like you?
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

WildCityWoman
Your brother's very clever, Chris.

Does he look like you?
You can see for yourself... A picture of Chris (and other moderators) can be found in the contact area at the top right of the web page.

Later
That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”