• In total there are 26 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 26 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Succession HBO series

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Succession HBO series

Unread post

Anyone else watching Succession? Waiting on Season 4.
All the characters are rather revolting, but it's difficult to look away... The show imagines the infighting in an extremely wealthy family in media, possibly something like the Murdock or Ailes families. Who will take control? Here's a link.
https://www.hbo.com/succession

(I didn't realize BookTalk has a section for TV etc. until I saw the thread about The Waltons.)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: Succession HBO series

Unread post

My wife and I are currently watching Season 3 of Succession and it's our favorite series. Yes, they're all truly revolting people. I like that choice of words. Very fitting. I've read that Succession is "slightly" based on Rupert Murdoch and his family.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

Jeremy Strong (Kendall) is working SUPER hard in this series. One week he's ready to take over the empire, the next he's sitting on the floor crying... Wow...
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

LanDroid wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:29 pm Jeremy Strong (Kendall) is working SUPER hard in this series. One week he's ready to take over the empire, the next he's sitting on the floor crying... Wow...
Man you are so right. He's hard to figure out. I sit there watching him wondering if he's going to be that super confident person or a stuttering and stammering child.

Roman is absolutely hilarious. In fact all characters are pretty impressive. Great writers for this show.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

I'm thinking Roman has the best business sense of the kids. Logan relies on him a fair amount to check out potential deals and Roman cuts right to the chase in his analysis. My feminist daughter is very impressed with his relationship with Gerri, the only show where a younger man is "with" an older woman. Although Roman seems too messed up to be a leader.

Conner has the worst sense of reality, believing he is a viable presidential candidate. Oh and believing that marrying a prostitute will make him a bulletproof candidate. :x
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

The final episode of Season 3 was emotionaly intense. Seeing Ken like that was tough. I can't wait to see what happens in Season 4.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
United States of America

Unread post

That's part of why I said Jeremy Strong is working so hard in this series. Amazing.

What do you think of Logan shouting "I F-ING WON!" That's going to change / destroy some family dynamics, ay?

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”