• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Do you have a mental Illness

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
princesscookie19
Experienced

Do you have a mental Illness

Unread post

Soo Theres alot of famous people who had mental illness problems. There is alot of people who are extremely intelligent ..So Does anyone here that are on medication and still battling? :roll:

Currently Reading - Daisy War Chain.
ellisacoy
Master Debater

Re: Do you have a mental Illness

Unread post

I do take medication for bipolar.
akanksha
Official Newbie!

Unread post

well, i have anxiety and distorted version of reality as my therapist says. i dont take any medication but i just suffer, a lot
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

akanksha wrote:well, i have anxiety and distorted version of reality as my therapist says. i dont take any medication but i just suffer, a lot

we all suffer silently in some form or other.
princesscookie19
Experienced

Unread post

I think reading makes you more intelligent and might suffer from a mental illness like schizophrenia or Bi polar

Currently Reading - Daisy War Chain.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

It is certainly true that one can gain knowledge by reading,Its fundamental :P. I think there’s a correlation between the two but it does depend on what is read doesn’t it?.

As to mental illness, I can only write, that there is a benefit to honest conversation with a qualified professional. I personally have had anxiety and depressive disorder for the majority of my life. For me pattern recognition was key. Once I realized that there was a definitive pattern of highs and lows I was able to deal mostly on my own, But did help to also talk to a doctor, I take a low dose of serotonin uptake inhibitors. For me it helps. But that’s just me. The complex vicissitudes of life...go figure! :x .
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

In response to your question, I quote the late Waylon Jennings: "I've always been crazy, but it's kept me from going insane." :x :P :wink:
Last edited by Cattleman on Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

I came back to this because it’s just nothing. @ Cattleman, I know you have a good head on your shoulders but you added nothing to this thread. Give us something from your mind. I love Waylon Jennings but you’ve gone nowhere.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Taylor, I owe you and all the others an apology. I would never make fun of mental illness or someone who is mentally ill. One of my daughters best friends was diagnosed in her teens as bipolar. It plagued her all her short life - she committed suicide in her early thirties.

I am asking Chris to remove my earlier post.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
LevV

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental
Canada

Unread post

I may have been off the mark, but what I read in that quote, in the context of the whole song was a call to do your own thing in your own way, even if it is "crazy", and it just may keep you from going insane.

I got no hint of Cattleman making lite of mental illness and I'm very sensitive to it having members of my family and my wife's family with serious mental problems.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”