• In total there are 10 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 9 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

ARTificial Intelligence

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

ARTificial Intelligence

Unread post

There are quite a few programs that allow one to input text prompts and receive artwork based on those instructions created by complicated software programs, i.e. "ARTificial Intelligence."

Here's some AI art I created entitled "Science: A Candle in the Dark." That is the subtitle to Carl Sagan's book Demon Haunted World which BookTalk discussed very early on and rewired my brain significantly.

Is anyone else playing around with ARTificial Intelligence?

Kina2
Getting Comfortable

Re: ARTificial Intelligence

Unread post

Yes, indeed, there are many advanced programs utilizing artificial intelligence, such as "ARTificial Intelligence", which allow for generating graphics based on provided text instructions. It's fascinating how far technology has come in the field of generating multimedia content using AI algorithms.
Murmur
Internet Sage

Re: ARTificial Intelligence

Unread post

A while back, I started making a custom campaign for the game Arkham Horror the Card Game. I needed a ton of art for it. I decided to try AI generated art. Some of the art looked super cool but most of it was useless. Overall, I liked it a lot. I actually got a sense that I was the one creating the art, but of course, that's nonsense.

Over the next few weeks, I noticed that AI generated art started showing up a lot in my facebook feed. More people got exposed to it and were posting images on facebook. I grew tired of it fast.

AI generated art now mostly repulses me. It's a shame because a lot of it looks super cool. However, when I look at it, I feel nothing. When I look at artwork that a human made, I feel something. I can mentally see the artist making it, I can feel something that the artist felt. With AI art, there is nothing.

Artwork that I hate is more meaningful to me. DC Comics is artwork that I think sucks. I don't just mean the illustrations. I mean the entirety of their comics. The dialogue, story, plot, etc. I feel something about it. With AI art, I feel nothing.

Strangely and irrationally, I actually like the AI art that was generated based on my own prompts. It makes no sense.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”