• In total there are 21 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 21 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Music by Robert Tulip at PureVolume

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Music by Robert Tulip at PureVolume

Unread post

During our January 2011 Australian floods, I had the opportunity to record some music solo in Grafton, singing pop songs and playing classical guitar.

Sadly the performance standard is patchy, and some of them I should just not include. Regard them as practices that inexplicably made it.

But who cares! Here they all are. http://www.purevolume.com/RobertTulip/albums

with love
lady of shallot

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Genuinely Genius

Re: Music by Robert Tulip at PureVolume

Unread post

Hi Robert, well that was a lot of fun. You neither look nor sound as I would have expected which is one thing I love about the internet! Didn't play all of the songs but did have to click on "boots" as I used to love listening to Frank & Nancy Sinatra singing that!

I thought you would have black hair and it looks like it is light! Congratulations on your playing and singing. My grandson, plays guitar and sings (actually I think he writes the songs) he is 15 and now that he has a girlfriend they are more upbeat!

Your are a many faceted person.
President Camacho

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I Should Be Bronzed

Unread post

Awesome Rob. I didn't know you played the guitar so well.
Murrill
Gaining experience

Unread post

Robert,
Thanks for sharing that. I listened to several of the Cohen selections since I am a Leonard fan. You covered him well. I liked your soulful voice, and I think you made these songs your own.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Unread post

Here is my pop song list. Some of them deserve to go in the rubbish bin, but some are okay. (audio)

All Along the Watchtower
Big River
Black Magic Woman
Boots Are Made For Walking
Breathe
Fly Like an Eagle
Folsom Prison Blues
From a Distance
Going Up The Country
Home of the Blues
I Will Survive
I Won't Back Down
Johnny Be Good
Living on a Prayer
Ode to Billy Joe
Radar Love
Rawhide
Riders on the Storm
Roll Over Beethoven
She's Not There
Sister Golden Hair
Stand By Me
Star of the County Down
Sultans of Swing
Taking Care of Business
Taking It Easy
Tales of Brave Ulysses
Time
Twist and Shout
When Doves Cry
White Room
Woodstock
Woodstock2
Year of the Cat
You're No Good
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

That list is nothing if not eclectic--like you (but shouldn't there be more Aussie tunes?). Thanks for sharing the songs with us.

DWill
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Unread post

I do have a book of Australian songs that I can play -
50 years. Fifty years. 55 days at Peking. Fifty five days at Peking. A Big Country. A Country Practice. A little ray of sunshine. A pub with no beer. Absolutely everybody. Advance Australia Fair. The adventures of Barry McKenzie. Age of reason. All my friends are getting married. All out of love. All the Rivers Run. Along the road to Gundagai. Road to Gundagai. Am I ever going to see your face again? And the band played Waltzing Matilda. April sun in Cuba. Are you old enough? Aussie Jingle Bells. Bad boy for love. Bad habits. Beds are burning. Beggar on the street of love. The best years of our lives. Better. Better be home soon. Black velvet band. Blue sky mine. Boomerang Cafe. Botany Bay. Bound for South Australia. Bow River. Boys from the bush. Boys light up. Breakfast at Sweethearts. Brylcreem. Burn. Burn for you. Buses & trains. Bush telegraph. Bushman can't survive. Bye bye baby goodbye. Can't get you out of my head. Capricorn dancer. Cara-Lyn. Care for kids. The carnival is over. Chained to the wheel. Chains. Cheryl Moana Marie. Choir girl. Clancy of the Overflow. Click go the shears. C'mon Aussie, c'mon. Come a little bit closer. Come back again. Come said the boy. Computer games. Cool change. Cool world. Cootamundra wattle. Crocodile roll. Cry. Darling it hurts. The day you come. The day you went away. Deep water. Denim and lace. Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap. Do the right thing. Don't cry out loud. Don't dream its over. Don't you know Yokomo. Down under. Drover's boy. Dumb things. Duncan. Eagle rock. Ego is not a dirty word. Electric blue. Even the nights are better. Even when I'm sleeping. Ever lovin' man. Every time you cry. Every woman in the world. Evie. Falling in love again. Farewell Aunty Jack. Father's day. Flash Jack from Gundagai. Fool, fool, fool. Fortune teller. Four seasons in one day. Fraction too much friction. Freak. Friday on my mind. From little things big things grow. Galahs on the Gidgee. G'day, g'day. Georgie girl. Get set. Get that Jive. Girls on the avenue. Gonna see my baby tonight.. Good times. Goondiwindi Grey. Great Southern Land. Green limousine. Happy anniversary. Harley and Rose. Heading in the right direction. Heaven (must be there) Heaven knows. Heaven help my heart. Help is on its way. He's my blonde headed stompy wompy real gone surfer boy. He's nobodys moggy now. History never repeats. Holy Grail. Hollywood seven. Home among the gumtrees. Hope I never. Hopelessly devoted to you. Horror movie. Horses. Hot town. How bizarre. Howzat. I am Australian. I am woman. I got you. I hat the music. I honestly love you. I like Aeroplane Jelly. I remember you. I still call Australia home. I touch myself. I was only nineteen. I'd like to teach the world to sing. I'll be gone. I'll make you happy. It's a long way there. It's a long way to the top. It's almost summer. It's not easy. It's only natural. I've been everywhere. I've gotta get a message to you. Jake the Peg. Jump in my car. Khe Sahn. Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree. Kumbaya. The Lachlan Tigers. Ladies of Brisbane. Leaps and bounds. Leaving the land. Lime juice tub. Little boy lost. Love and other bruises. Love is a bridge. Love is in the air. The loved one. Mallee boy. The man from Snowy River. Marshall's portable music machine. Mashed potato. Maxine. Message to my girl. Mortein. Most people I know thing that I'm crazy. My boomerang won't come back. My Brilliant Career (Theme from) My city of Sydney. My girl. My happiness. My island home. My little angel. My youngest son. Needle in a haystack. Neighbours theme. Never gonna die. New sensation. The Newcastle song. No aphrodisiac. No man's land / The green fields of France. The green fields of France. Not pretty enough. Now I'm easy. Oh yea, uh huh. Old man emu. On the inside. Prisoner (Theme from) One perfect day. Our Don Bradman. Out of mind, out of sight. The overlander. Pasadena. Picking up pebbles. Please don't ask me. Poison ivy. Power and the passion. Proud of you. The pushbike song. Put another log on the fire. Quasimodo's dream. The Queensland drover. Raining on the Rock. The real thing. Reckless (Don't be so) Redback on the toilet seat. Reminiscing. The Restless Years. Rock and roll (I gave you all the best years of my life) Rock and roll Clementine. Run th Paradise. Rush (Theme from) Ryebuck shearer. Sadie the cleaning lady. Santa never made it into Darwin. Say goodbye. Say I love you. Shaddap your face. Shut up your face. Shape I'm in. She wears my ring. Shelter. She's a mod. She's my ute. She's so fine. Shine. Shores of Botany Bay. Shout. Singing the spirit home. Six months in a leaky boat. Six ribbons. Six white boomers. Skippy the bush kangaroo. Slice of heaven. So tough. Soldiers of the Queen. Solid rock. Something about you baby. Sons and Daughters (Theme from) Sorbent. Sorrento moon (I remember) Sorry. Soul kind of feeling. Spicks and specks. State of the heart. Suddenly. Sullivans theme. Sun arise. Sweet and sour. Temporary heartache. Tenterfield saddler. That's when I think of you. The captain. The nips are getting bigger. Throw your arms around me. Tie me kangaroo down sport. To her door. Too many times. Too much ain't enough love. Torn. Touch of paradise. True blue. Tucker's daughter. Turn up your radio. Twenty miles. Two little boys. Under the Milky Way. Up there Cazaly. Waltzing Matilda. Way out west. We don't need another hero. We're happy little Vegemites. Weather with you. Wedding ring. What about me? What you need. What's wrong with the way I live. When the rain tumbles down in July. Where country is. Where the dog sits on the tuckerbox. Where the wild roses grow. Who listens to the radion. The wild colonial boy. Wild one (Real wild child) Winter in America. With my swag all on my shoulder. Woman you're breaking me. Women in uniform. Words are not enough. Working class man. The world's greatest mum. Yesterday's hero. You shook me all night long. You'll wonder where the yellow went. You make us smile Dr. Lindeman. You're the one that I want. You're the voice.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Unread post

Here is a message from Kevin, that he said he was happy for me to share here
kevin wrote: I enjoyed listening to your music. I haven't checked them all out yet but so far my favs include All Along the Watchtower (Am & F?) and Woodstock and I intend to improve my playing to something like the level you're at now... though of course that's not to claim I'll achieve it. I also particularly liked the Irish ballad Star of the County Down - one I hadn't previously heard. Rock on, Tulip! \m/

-k
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Unread post

prince7891 wrote:download Breathe
Fly Like an Eagle
Folsom Prison Blues
From a Distance
Hello prince7891

Sadly those links you have recommended have been dead for years, giving me the distinct suspicion that your post is intended solely to provide a link to the spam in your signature bar. I have the files you mentioned on my PC and am in process of putting them on my website. http://rtulip.net/music

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”