• In total there are 23 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 23 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

I just realized that i am Cthulu

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

I just realized that i am Cthulu

Unread post

I am a colossal, ancient being. And all of my immeasurable resources are bent on the destruction of this fly in my house.

Think about how weird we are to a fly.

Flies live for a very short time and i've been alive for more than thirty YEARS. My brain is the mass of several thousand flies. I have pondered the mysterious depths of the universe on an incomprehensible level (for flies). Paper can crush a fly's body, yet even steel will bend to my constricting meaty arms, each comparably are like freeway on-ramps to a fly.

I have already been the doom of countless of it's bretheren. Which i smote, with my godlike power, for the unforgivable sin of tresspassing in my sacred places. It survives here in this abbaration of nature (my house) by literally being beneath my notice, until by chance it draws my functionally limitless wrath by flying past a light. Then i utter arcane and ancient sounds, a binding curse of imminent death, fashion weapons of adamantine strength and slay it with a flick of my wrist.

I am an eldrich horror.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
Australia

Re: I just realized that i am Cthulu

Unread post

Imagining the fly's eye view is a bit like thinking about being a bat. Imagining an animal's perspective is very interesting. Is Cthulhu really that big?
youkrst

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
One with Books

Unread post

:lol:
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

It's been a while, but yeah Cthulu is kaiju sized. The thing I remember most clearly is that he was supposed to have risen out of the sea and it was towering over a ship.

I suppose I COULD google this.... haha

but no. Lazy.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
Murmur
Internet Sage

Unread post

johnson1010 wrote:It's been a while, but yeah Cthulu is kaiju sized. The thing I remember most clearly is that he was supposed to have risen out of the sea and it was towering over a ship.

I suppose I COULD google this.... haha

but no. Lazy.
Your memory is correct.
Abdullah X
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

Don't even know what anyone's talking about, just here for the ride.
Slaverz_Bay
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Ya know, you reminded me of how I recently, finally read "The Call of Cthulu" by Lovecraft. In fact I read a compendium of short stories by him. This, after for years and years seeing and hearing his name bandied about as a "must-read" author for any sci-fi/horror/fantasy fans. A demographic to which I think I am an ardent member of.

So..yeah...I read Cthulu and about 6-8 other short stories by HP. And I cam away from all this thinking......

YAWN! Really? Why is this dude so popular? He bored me to tears. I simply do. not. get. it. I remember back in the day seeing his name as the original writer of some of those old "Night Gallery" episodes I used to watch. And maybe some on the old "Twilight Zone" as well; I'm not sure. But man....I guess back in the day maybe he did some stuff that was new then. But today I find him hopelessly boring, wordy, and obsolete.

To each their own I guess. But maybe you should pic a more terrifying mythical being to use as your psychological avatar, eh? Just a suggestion. thanks.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”