• In total there are 24 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 24 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Watched I Origins last night

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
DCWolf
Getting Comfortable

Watched I Origins last night

Unread post

Someone told me to watch, that I might be interested. It was interesting, but a bit gut-wrenching.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2884206/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

A molecular biologist and his laboratory partner uncover evidence that may fundamentally change society as we know it.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: Watched I Origins last night

Unread post

I watched I Origins a few weeks ago and kind of enjoyed it. A fair amount of discussion of evolution. The movie has a parallel with the fiction book we're currently discussing, Soul Identity: both involve scanning eyeballs and finding a soul has been reincarnated. So if you're enjoying that book, you might want to check out this movie for another slant.

The movie reverses a famous question asked of the Dalai Llama, asking "How would your scientific world view change if a deep supernatural truth was proved?"

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”