• In total there are 34 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 34 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

"The Longest Ride" by Nicholas Sparks

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Crystalline
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

"The Longest Ride" by Nicholas Sparks

Unread post

This is a duplicate of my comment in "What Book Are You Reading".

“The Longest Ride” by Nicholas Sparks is a well written, romantic, tender love story for light reading. There is a surprising twist at the very end, however I did not find it a “page-turner”, or “suspenseful”, or “edge-of-your-seat” story, as noted in some other reviews...I did not find Ira's predicament throughout the book realistic – a 91 year old man who uses a walker driving somewhere at night in the middle of a bad snowstorm. I found myself skimming over paragraphs when throughout the whole book he sits in the car while his wife appears to him to reminisce about their life. Actually, I found the book somewhat slow. Will probably go see the movie coming out this spring, hoping for a light and entertaining time. :)

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”