Online reading group and book discussion forum
  HOME ENTER FORUMS OUR BOOKS LINKS DONATE ADVERTISE CONTACT  
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:51 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average. 
CHAPTER I of Fantastic Five I, a new novel and Superheroes story 
Eligible to vote in book polls!

CHAPTER I of Fantastic Five I, a new novel and Superheroes story
CHAPTER ONE

The Fantastic Five all fight against Elementman…
Elementman as he tries to free himself from the prison vault in which he is to be permanently imprisoned is ambushed by the five Fantastic Five (Thunderboltman, Airman, Fireman, Earthwoman and Waterwoman) with whom he engages in a grueling fight…

The Fantastic Five defeat Elementman…
The battle between the Fantastic Five and the Elementman grows into one in which the Elementman have them all dominated, but it ends with the latter’s crushing defeat…

The Fantastic Five daily live activities…
The Fantastic Five are reveling in their normal daily life and its activities in the new city; all this while Rextter is up for some prison-breaking plan…

In the Fantastic Corp Building…
The Fantastic Five are all in the Fantastic Corp building as they listen to the President’s announcement on T.V. of a probable worldwide nuclear war…

Rexter creates a Sun Man…
Rexter after successfully evading prison with his clone, then proceeds to create a Sun Man as the replication of all the Fantastic Five as he uses the stolen DNA of the Fantastic Five…

Inside the Fantastico Club with the Fantastic Five…
The Fantastic Five at night with the presence of many people host the grand opening of their chic night club spot “The Fantastico' Night Spot” with all the five Fantastic Five present…

Battle in the Fantastico Club between the Fantastic Five and Sun Man...
The Sun Man inside the Fantastico Club and on encountering some of the Fantastic Five decided to engage in a battle against them, of which he the Sun Man is defeated and reduced to pieces…

The Fantastic Five to save the world…
The Fantastic Five bring to the human consciousness the effects of their ever-warfares and morale them on their rights, duties and obligations to maintain and save their planet from internal and external destruction…

Rexter in meeting with world-wide terrorists…
Rexter has brought to meeting several of the most powerful worldwide terrorists and arms dealers and presents and negotiates with them on how they could acquire his new and recent anti-Fantastic Five weapon: the Sun Man…

Face to face in-between Rexter and the Fantastic Five…
As the Fantastic Five prepare for a fantastic night à la Fantastic Five, Rexter pays them a visit and challenges them to a confrontation of his new weapon he developed against them…

Battle of the Fantastic Five against the Sun Man…
The Fantastic Five engage in a broiling battle against the Sun Man as they battle in the air all over the Earth, and the battle culminates in the supposed death of the Fantastic Five…

Rextter celebrating the death of the Fantastic Five…
Rextter visits the terrorists and weapon dealers with whom he has had dealings and together with the respective nationals of these dealers celebrate the death of the Fantastic Five; meanwhile the Fantastic Five are in a hidden and hermit stage…

The Sun Man sets to destroy the whole world…
The Sun Man succeeds in freeing himself from his creator Rextter and decides to radiate the whole earth and bring it to extinction, but the Fantastic Five who are thought to be dead come again and oppose and challenge him…

The Fantastic Five defeat and destroy of the Sun Man…
The Fantastic Five give chase all over the Earth to the Sun Man as this latter willingly and gleefully creates disaster and destruction all over his passage, but is at last defeated and destroyed by the whole lot of the Fantastic Five…

EARTH

Rolls into FRAME. A bauble of black swirls of cloud cover, full of bright and shinning twinkling stars in the clouds. The REFLECTION of the Moon's BRIGHT LIGHT is poured on an ISLAND. RIVERS'S ISLAND, and onto -- MOVING INTO FRAME -- PLANET CITY'S SUBTERRANEAN PRISON -- NIGHT -- a gleaming white, black letters on its side, SUBTERRANEAN PRISON, the VISION of the PRISON appears to us. We hear many SHOUTING and SCREAMING VOICES from POLICE and MILITARY GUARDS.

EXT. RIVER'S ISLAND -- NIGHT
A souped-up armoured car speeds along the lone road leading to a concrete bunker of a building:

THE PRISON'S VAULT.

INSERT TITLE -- THE PRISON'S VAULT: SUBTERRANEAN PRISON FOR SUPER CRIMINALS. RIVER’S ISLAND, PLANET CITY

Extremely tall PERIMETER WAILS are topped by razor wire and FIVE GUARD TOWERS.

A big steel door in the perimeter wall opens to allow the armoured car's entrance to a concrete courtyard. Ahead, the massive doors of the prison vault itself slide open, revealing a huge ELEVATOR RISING from below. TEN PRISON GUARDS exit the elevator with the WARDEN, followed by a FORKLIFT. Guards take positions. The DRIVER exits the armoured car and walks to open the rear doors.

The forklift goes to work, lifting a pallet from the truck. On the pallet, unconscious, is the leathered costumed and masked ELEMENTMAN, in a uniform of thick leather, coloured armoured battle costume; in black and white and green and red and blue colour strips.

JOHNSON
Why's he still wearing his leathered costume?

DRIVER
Couldn't get it off. They tried. They can't even figure out what it's made of. It sticks and gums to his skin.

JOHNSON
Well, we'll get it off, believe me. I don't care if we have to use dynamite.

They follow the forklift as it labours towards the elevator.

DRIVER
How can you hold him, anyway? I mean, I hear once he's moving, nothing stops him.

JOHNSON
Is he moving now?

DRIVER
No... But, he's all drugged up.

JOHNSON
And, that's pretty much how he's going to spend the next fifty years.

ELEMENTMAN'S 1st DOUBLE (O.S)
(Conscious)
Hie-de-hie-de-ho! Lookie, lookie...

All eyes go to the armoured car. And then to an ELEMENTMAN (his 1st DOUBLE) who's up on the perimeter wall, near a guard tower, dangling seven UNCONSCIOUS GUARD. All the guards and JOHNSON are panicked and confused at the ELEMENTMAN. They look at the armoured car to see how the ELEMENTMAN has escaped, but they see him still bounded. They don’t understand how he can be there at the same time and still bound on the car.

ELEMENTMAN'S 1st DOUBLE (CONT)
Drop your guns, screw-heads. Or, the clone you see there will have a great fall.

Several guards point their weapons, confused. Then Johnson waves them off.

JOHNSON
Hold your fire. He has multiplied himself. Hold on...

The Johnson looks to see the ELEMENTMAN'S 2nd DOUBLE waddling through the open perimeter gate, then turns to look to the other guard tower... ELEMENTMAN 2nd DOUBLE is seated up there. He grins and waves.

INT. THE PRISON'S VAULT, CENTRAL CONTROL ROOM -- NIGHT
Several security MONITORS show ELEMENTMAN'S 1st DOUBLE. A TECHNICIAN stands, terrified. The SECURITY CHIEF is near, talking with a guard.

TECHNICIAN
Sir, sir... we've got trouble upstairs.

The Security Chief comes over, looks. Yikes. He grabs a PHONE.

SECURITY CHIEF
(Into phone)
I need men up here, right now!

EXT. THE PRISON'S VAULT -- NIGHT
ELEMENTMAN'S 2nd DOUBLE helps ELEMENTMAN'S 3rd DOUBLE herd everyone into the rear of the armoured car.

ELEMENTMAN'S 3rd DOUBLE
Move it... squeeze in.

Plenty of roam. ELEMENTMAN'S 2nd DOUBLE closes and locks the doors as ELEMENTMAN'S 3rd DOUBLE goes to the front bumper. ELEMENTMAN'S 3rd DOUBLE lifts the truck with a grunt, till it's propped up on its rear, nose-up with the men trapped inside.

Above, ELEMENTMAN'S 1st DOUBLE tosses the unconscious guards into the tower, and then slides down the wall, slowing his fall by dragging himself. The villains converge around the forklift. ELEMENTMAN'S 2nd DOUBLE leaps onto ELEMENTMAN'S chest, takes out a metal-canister and opens it.

ELEMENTMAN'S 2nd DOUBLE
Pure adrenaline.

ELEMENTMAN'S 2nd DOUBLE produces a big HYPODERMIC. He presses the long needle against ELEMENTMAN'S arm, but the needle, unable to pierce, SNAPS.

ELEMENTMAN 2nd DOUBLE (CONT)
I was afraid of that.

ELEMENTMAN 1st DOUBLE
Nice going. Now what do we do?

A RUMBLING is HEARD. Behind them, the perimeter wall door closes. In front of them, the prison vault's elevator doors slam shut.

ELEMENTMAN 3rd DOUBLE
Uh oh.

ELEMENTMAN'S 2nd DOUBLE leaps down, goes to look under the forklift's seat. He pulls out a tool box, dumps the contents and picks up JUMPER CABLES.

ELEMENTMAN 2nd DOUBLE
I've had a spectacular brainstorm.

INT. THE PRISON'S VAULT ELEVATOR -- NIGHT
The elevator doors open to the Central Control Room. FIFTEEN GUARDS run into the elevator as the Security Head barks orders.

Jumper cable jaws are clamped to forklift BATTERY TERMINALS.

ELEMENTMAN'S 2nd DOUBLE clamps the other cable ends to ELEMENTMAN'S thumbs, then looks to ELEMENTMAN'S 1st DOUBLE, who's behind the forklift's wheel.

ELEMENTMAN 2nd DOUBLE
Let her rip.

ELEMENTMAN'S 1st DOUBLE turns the key. The engine roars. ZZ-ZZZ-ZZZ-- electricity shoots through ELEMENTMAN. His body spasms. Not far away, ELEMENTMAN'S 3rd DOUBLE forces open the elevator doors and looks down. The ELEVATOR is RISING.

ELEMENTMAN'S 3rd DOUBLE'S worried. He shoves his hand into the NUMERICAL KEYPAD beside the doors, yanks out the sparking guts.

The elevator halts. The guards look up. Lights go out.

EXT. THE PRISON VAULT'S -- NIGHT

ELEMENTMAN'S 3rd DOUBLE looks down the shaft, pleased, laughing excitedly.

ELEMENTMAN'S 1st DOUBLE keeps revving as ELEMENTMAN convulses violently.

ELEMENTMAN 2nd DOUBLE (CONT)
If this doesn't wake him up, nothing will.

Behind them, the perimeter wall door EXPLODES off its hinges and falls with a BOOM.

ELEMENTMAN'S 2nd DOUBLE, ELEMENTMAN'S 1st DOUBLE and ELEMENTMAN'S 3rd DOUBLE turn to look...

FADE IN.

The elevator halts. The guards look up. Lights go out. The three ELEMENTMAN DOUBLES have faded away and …

ELEMENTMAN, black, tall, handsome and effeminate, closed to thirties and clothed in SUPER LEATHERED COSTUME AND MASK, all two of BLACK-WHITE-GREEN-REDBLUE STRIPS looks down the shaft, pleased, laughing excitedly, as pleased of BREAKING the prison and ESCAPING. He has SMALL BALLS of water, fire, earth, electric currents and whirlwinds ENCIRCLING AND SPIRALING on the fingertips of his right hand, five hand fingers, and the FADE.

ELEMENTMAN
If this occasion isn't seized up by me, never will it present itself again. Thanks to my doubles I’m free.

Behind him, the perimeter wall door EXPLODES off its hinges and falls with a BOOM.

Elementman turns to look...

Enter the SUPERHEROES (in ARMOURED BATTLE COSTUMES with CAPES hanging on their backs, and MASKS assorted to the costumes. They’re also wearing EYE-GLASSES VISORS with eyes, behind mask, hidden behind the eye-glasses visors which have horizontal slits across them on the MASKS on which the eyes are found behind and the eye-glasses visors found in front). They each manipulate the FIVE ELEMENTAL POWERS of EARTH'S NATURE FIVE ELEMENTS (AIR, EARTH, FIRE, THUNDERBOLT AND WATER) also called THE ELEMENT GUARDIANS: Firstly comes THUNDERBOLTMAN the group leader, who's dressed in black armoured battle costume, black mask, cape and black eye-glasses visor; and FLOATING gracefully over the SKIES with ELECTRICITY PUMPING throughout his body. He's black and has thick and spiky dark hairs, also savagely handsome, browned-eyed and well built. Hovering above THUNDERBOLTMAN, FLAPPING his vast and white feathered WINDS and dressed in white armoured battle costume; is the black, cute and sexy, sharp dark-eyed and finely put together AIRMAN of the AIR and WINDS ELEMENT. He has white mask and cape and white eye-glasses visor. Also FLOATING above and behind them is AIRMAN’S brother: FIREMAN; black, serious and handsome, lean muscled, with armoured battle costume in RED colour. Mask, cape and eye-glasses visor are all in red colour. As name says it, Fireman's manipulator of the FIRE ELEMENT and hands are flamed with fireballs. Behind him and below them on the Earth are the black and curly dark-haired twin sisters: The serious, stunning and beautiful EARTHWOMAN dressed in green armoured costume who manipulates the ELEMENT of EARTH-GROUNDS and also the STONES, METALS, WOODS, WALLS and other PASSAGES. Her mask, eye-glasses visor and her cape are all in green colour. We hear the earth around them on which they are found cracking and quaking all over around. Lastly comes WATERWOMAN, dressed in blue armoured battle costume. Her costume, body and hair is wet and soaked, and we can see and hear water rushing and flowing from all around her body and penetrating the cracks of the broken earth Earthwoman’s cracking. She’s in mask, cape and eyeglasses of blue colour.

THUNDERBOLTMAN
Knock, knock! Who's there?!

ELEMENTMAN
FANTASTIC FIVE!

THUNDERBOLTMAN
That's right.

ELEMENTMAN runs at them. FIREMAN and AIRMAN rise higher into the air. THUNDERMAN floats down the ground and runs towards ELEMENTMAN and passes him by SHOOTING him FLASHY LIGHTNING LIGHTS and ELECTROCUTING him with THUNDERBOLTS; knocking him down on the way to the ground and leaving him spasming. FIREMAN FLAMES and SHOOTS ELEMENTMAN who tries to raise, a concentrated RED BEAM of ENERGY from his visor slit and SHOOTS him two FIREBALLS from his hands... The ray and the fireballs BLASTS ELEMENTMAN back, into the forklift. He's hurt.

ELEMENTMAN stunned, looks with shock to his stunned self, rises, then runs towards the FANTASTIC FIVE, angry, while WATERWOMAN runs and LEAPS in another direction.

ELEMENTMAN
You hurt me?!

ELEMENTMAN lands on an armoured car. FIREMAN and AIRMAN come to hover in front and behind, above him. He RAISES his right hand and with his second finger pointed out, he SHOOTS out a BALL of water at the ABLAZED FIREMAN, and, at the same time RAISES his left hand and with his pointed second finger, SHOOTS out a FIREBALL upwards from behind to AIRMAN but, the two men dodge it with tactility and agility and the water ball and fireball splash on the ground near to EARTHWOMAN, who quickly OPENS up a CRATER on the GROUND, and the crater swallows the waterball and the fireball and CLOSEUP quickly again and neatly on the ground.

ELEMENTMAN tears the metal front-bumper off the truck and swings it, keeping them at bay, hissing angrily. ELEMENTMAN then falls off the car and
charges towards THUNDERBOLTMAN, EARTHWOMAN and WATERWOMAN. WATERWOMAN steps up and holds out her arms – she waves her hands in the air SHOOTING and FIRING huge WATER TORRENTS. The water torrents bounce and flow harmlessly off the thundering ELEMENTMAN'S costume. EARTHWOMAN waves and points her hands to the ground and the earth cracks below ELEMENTMAN, which all QUAKES, DISINTERGATES and OPENS UP TO A CRATER and he is precipitated inside a MUDFLAT with water rushing through the pores and the surface of the earth to the mudflat and on him. He is angry.

EARTHWOMAN
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me who's this new enemy?

THUNDERBOLTMAN
All I know for the moment's that he's the new anti-hero and he's named ELEMENTMAN. Nothing yet is known of the real figure behind that mask.

FIREMAN floats near to the surface of the crater in which ELEMENTMAN'S found in, and LETS OUT a visor BLAST at him and SHOOTS many fireballs, but it does not slow ELEMENTMAN one bit.

THUNDERBOLTMAN
FANTASTIC FIVE, scatter!

ELEMENTMAN comes out from the earth's CRATER covered all in mud and lunges at THUNDERBOLTMAN who dodges him. FIREMAN splits up... but EARTHWOMAN FALLS and CRAWLS towards ELEMENTMAN and KICKS with both legs just as ELEMENTMAN arrives, adding to ELEMENTMAN'S momentum, sending him past, flipping and screaming...

ELEMENTMAN lands flat on his back with a huge THUD.

ELEMENTMAN rises up as if untouched. Across the courtyard, FIREMAN and AIRMAN still come and hover around ELEMENTMAN.

FIREMAN
Give it up, ELEMENTMAN.

AIRMAN
We don't want to have to hurt you.

ELEMENTMAN
How are amateurs like you going to hurt me?

ELEMENTMAN picks and flings a bumper, missing FIREMAN. AIRMAN swoops from behind... ELEMENTMAN jumps straight up and AIRMAN grasps empty air, coming up behind ELEMENTMAN. ELEMENTMAN lands. AIRMAN spins in the air, looking back. AIRMAN turns, an ELEMENTMAN like a DRAGON opens his mouth and SQUIRTS FIREFLAME SPITTLE from his tongue... The fire flame spittle covers AIRMAN'S face and burns him. He cries out, flying up.

FIREMAN
Aeraz!

ELEMENTMAN leaps at FIREMAN, but AIRMAN quickly recovers and with his hands held to that of FIREMAN who SWOOPS up to him, they PROJECT a BLAST of FIREFLAME ENCIRCLED IN a WHIRLWIND to knock ELEMENTMAN down. ELEMENTMAN CRASHES through the armoured car windshield.

FIREMAN (CONT)
That's how.

THUNDERBOLTMAN floating and WATERWOMAN running, come close to them.

THUNDERBOLTMAN
Are you guys both alright?

FIREMAN looks up.

FIREMAN
(Holding AIRMAN)
Yes I think we can manage up for the time being.

WATERWOMAN
Leave the ELEMENTMAN to us. We will handle him properly...

THUNDERBOLTMAN
...And send him to wherever he came from.

EARTHWOMAN
And to where his specimen belongs.

FIREMAN looks up, rising and following up after AIRMAN.

THUNDERBOLTMAN, WATERWOMAN and EARTHWOMAN encircle ELEMENTMAN, who gets to his feet.

THUNDERBOLTMAN
You should have stayed down.

ELEMENTMAN
I don't think so.

EARTHWOMAN LEAPS from one side, but ELEMENTMAN backhand SWATS her away.

WATERWOMAN jumps up behind ELEMENTMAN, wraps her arms around his throat.

THUNDERBOLTMAN
AQUARINA, no...

ELEMENTMAN struggles, then falls to one knee and bends forward quickly, throwing WATERWOAN into THUNDERBOLTMAN. Both heroes tumble. ELEMENTMAN turns to see EARTHWOMAN trying to get up. He goes to EARHTWOMAN and lifts her into a bear hug, crushing. EARTHWOMAN cries in pain.

ELEMENTMAN
You're going to be my great big EARTHWOMAN, aren't you? Aren't you?!

ELEMENTMAN throws EARTHWOMAN to the ground. EARTHWOMAN gasps, hurt, crawling.

ELEMENTMAN (CONT)
Where you going, EARTH?

EARTHWOMAN'S still crawling when she stops, face to face with two massive feet. EARTHWOMAN slowly looks up in horror... ELEMENTMAN towers over her, two eyes... two angry eyes peering at her.

ELEMENTMAN
FANTASTIC FIVE! I always hated FANTASTIC FIVE!!!

The book is available at Ebook Aggregators: Smashwords - Fantastic Five I (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1003516) and at Draft2Digital - Fantastic Five I (https://www.draft2digital.com/book/541289); and also at Ebook Distributors: Amazon - Fantastic Five I, Barnes and Noble - Fantastic Five I, Apple Books - Fantastic Five I, and at Kobo - Fantastic Five I.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:17 pm
Profile Email
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] • Topic evaluate: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.