• In total there are 35 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 35 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

If you could treat your favorite author to a meal, who would it be and what meal would it be?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
BookReaderUSA
Master Debater

If you could treat your favorite author to a meal, who would it be and what meal would it be?

Unread post

For example, I would do barbecue with George R.R. Martin. I don't know what I would do with J.R.R. Tolkien and J.K. Rowling. What are your suggestions for authors and meals?
Paul 6123
Official Newbie!

Re: If you could treat your favorite author to a meal, who would it be and what meal would it be?

Unread post

I read - The Road Less Traveled - and then everything else written by M. Scott Peck. His concepts about mental health, discipline, love and religion just seemed to hit the mark. No author affected me more except possibly Thoreau. So, I would select Peck as the author with whom to share a meal. I would ask him questions about his books and his ideas (and probably avoid the scandals and contradictions of his personal life). As for the food, well that wouldn't matter much, but alcohol would be part of the meal. Scott liked to drink and smoke. Alas, he is no longer with us.

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”