• In total there are 31 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 31 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Nature in unlikely places

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Kevin
Pulitzer Prize Finalist

Nature in unlikely places

Unread post

... or the likely if you have any stories or pictures to relate.

I was hiking yesterday and didn't really see much of interest. That's OK, though really I was hoping for some critter to introduce itself like say the one in my avatar did... but no. Anyway, I arrived home about 5 and I started in making my summer blend of couscous for dinner. I looked out the kitchen window and... yes, there! It's the yellow-crowned night heron! I ran for my binoculars and my favorite bird book, of course, in order to definitively ID the bird. The description reads in part "even the movements of a stalking yellow-crown seem agonizingly slow" - yup, that's my bird! Thanks for dropping by!

(I am posting here as I consider this "fun stuff" but if there is a more appropriate forum you may move it without ruffling my feathers. "You" know who you are!)
The question is not, Can they reason? nor, Can they talk? but, Can they suffer? - Jeremy Bentham

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”