• In total there are 23 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 23 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Do you EAT while you READ?

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
princesscookie19
Experienced

Re: Do you EAT while you READ?

Unread post

Nope but I do like a cup of coffee afterwards or before I do any kind of reading. I guess with my eating disorder reading has acutally helped me stay away from the fridge call me a B**** but it works for me.Even tho I do binge eat sometimes (but that's not the main point) I get annoyed when I eat a lot so I try to have something before or/and a coffee afterwards

Currently Reading - Daisy War Chain.
Taylor

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Awesome

Unread post

I own most of the books I’ve read or am reading and yes some have chocolate fingerprints , there’s also barbecue fingerprints, generally anything that can be eaten by hands has found its way to the corner of the book page. :lol:

Can I ask? Is there anyone who can claim whether a teardrop has stained a page?. I know a few of mine have.
ScarletShark
Official Newbie!

Unread post

While I try my hardest never to read a library book while I eat (it’s much safer to read one of my own books just in case something untoward happens to the book during the meal...lol), I am indeed guilty of reading and eating at the same time. I’ve never been able to break myself of the habit.
Brooks127
Senior
United States of America

Unread post

I can't remember when I ate while reading but apparently I did. While revisiting a title, I found crumbs of an aging cookie in the fold of its pages.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

I don't in general but it's not a rule. I just can't focus when eating. And I don't like getting my books dirty with food waste. But I'll chomp some finger foods at times.
When you refuse to learn, you become a disease.
froglipz

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
Brilliant
United States of America

Unread post

Sometimes. when the book is too good to put down I'll make a sandwich or something else I can eat one handed and prop the book open so I can turn pages with the other hand. I binge read like I binge watch some TV shows.

Cheetos and chocolate would not work I need real sustenance. :-D
~froglipz~

"I'm not insane, my mother had me tested"

Si vis pacem, para bellum: If you wish for peace, prepare for war.
TomCrossley
Official Newbie!
Great Britain

Unread post

Not sure about eating whilst reading to be honest, but I would definitely say yes to a warm cup of coffee in hand. Movies are much better for eating at the same time I think, nothing beats munching on some popcorn at the cinema
wallicolls
Getting Comfortable

Unread post

I have to admit that I am one of those people who love to eat while reading. I think it all started when I was a kid and my mom would let me snack on while reading my bedtime stories. There was something about being able to enjoy both a good book and a good meal that just seemed like the perfect way to relax. Of course, not everyone shares my opinion on this matter. In fact, there are plenty of people who think that eating while reading is a surefire way to ruin both activities. After all, how can you fully enjoy your food if you're focused on the words on the page? And how can you really pay attention to the story if you're constantly stopping to take bites of your dinner? Personally, I believe that as long as you're careful not to make too much of a mess, there's no harm in enjoying a little multi-tasking. But I understand that not everyone feels the same way. What do you think? Do you eat while you read, or do you prefer to keep your two passions separate?
The Bookworm
Almost Comfortable

Unread post

Sometimes...usually my eating/drinking intake whilst reading is limited to a mug of hot chocolate though! Maybe a biscuit or two but always put the book down for a min or two whilst munching and then pick it up again. Most of the time though, I don't - and especially not library books - it's not very nice for the next reader to discover your book-feasts!!!

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”