• In total there are 14 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 14 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

Arrow

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
VicCast
Creative Writing Student

Arrow

Unread post

If your a fan of comic books it's worth checking out the show "Arrow". It's based on the DC Comics super hero, The Green Arrow.

Lots of action (sometimes you have to look at it from the point of view of a comic book to buy all of it), a good story line, and just out of this earth characters combine to make a fun show. It's dark and gritty at times and that's fine with me. Another part I love is that the show never apologizes for being a show based on a comic book. It doesn't try to hide where it came from.

The show does have it's faults though. Sub-par acting to name one. Another is the plot can be obvious at times.

But overall I think it's a good show worth checking out if comic books or action shows are you thing.
Author of:
"Tommy The Courageous Bird" - A children's picture book about a bird that is afraid of heights
Tommy The Courageous Bird
Tommy is also Available on Amazon.com
http://thred.me/RURm5W Let's turn Tommy into an e-book!!!
gesler0811
Experienced

Re: Arrow

Unread post

I got almost all the way through season 1 when it was airing originally, before getting sidetracked. Overall, I thought it started strong with a great pilot episode. Subsequent episodes got pretty formulaic, with crossing people off the list being the impetus that drove it along to about the midseason mark.

After that, things started picking up again. Thea was one of the few morose characters in fiction that I didn't want to immediately slap. Most characters that are like that grate on my nerves, but I think she had a valid reason for being the way she was, but she softened up often enough that I forgave her for it. A big problem a lot of writers have, in my opinion, is trying too hard to make their characters too dark.

A highlight for me was when I recognized Crixus from Spartacus in one of the episodes. Manu Bannett, or something like that, is his real name. I really enjoyed him on Spartacus.

Now that Arrow is on Netflix I will have to go back and finish the season.
Voodoo, zombies, artifacts, and magic: Urban fantasy with a New Orleans Flair
I am currently offering my urban fantasy novel 'Line of Sight' for only 99 cents - Buy from Smashwords and use Coupon Code CT92F
Come see why the book is getting such rave reviews! (Also available for kindle, nook, and iTunes, and as a paperback from Amazon)
Official Line of Sight Page

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”