• In total there are 19 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 19 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

The Walking Dead is awesome!

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

The Walking Dead is awesome!

Unread post

Anybody who has taken an interest in zombie related entertainment should check out AMC's "The Walking Dead", based on the long running comic series of the same name, directed and mostly written by Frank Darabont. Director of the Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, and The Mist, all great movies.

Star,
I love the show!!!

My daughter says that the zombie attack on the camp might have been payback by Merle.
I am not sure about that.

I also think I figured out what Jennings whispherd to Rick at just before the CDC blew up.
I think some or all of the group is infected (remember the blood tests. Rick asked if theyturned out ok and Jennings replied, "No surprises".) What do you think?
I don't think it was Merle. He seems more the kind to show up with a gun, not the type that would think to lure zombies to the others. It was probably just them maknig too much noise over time. that car alarm probably didn't help.

My wife and I were really disappointed with the under-preparedness of the campers during that attack. What the hell? Within a day of a zombie apocalypse i would set up terrain defenses.. FIRST THING when making camp. We would have high ground, a defensible position, and everybody would know exactly what to do, just like a fire drill, if... no, WHEN the zombies show up.

I understand people had to die in that scene to push the show forward, i just wish that they would have looked like they had some kind of plan for dealing and it just didn't work as well as they would have liked. instead it looked like everybody was surprised that there were zombies in the world.

Wife beating red-neck. "Oh, hey! You're not my wife. Say, what happened to your face? It looks kinda dead or something."

Zombie "NOM NOM NOM NOM"

He didn't even try to scream and warn everybody, or even in mortal terror.

I did some research, skip the below if you don't want to get a potential spoiler.

POTENTIAL SPOILER

In the comics it is later revealed that the virus has already infected everybody. The virus itself doesn't kill people. The bites are like Komodo dragon bites, they cause lethal infections but it isn't the Z virus that takes the people out. At one point in the books, a person is killed by another survivor and they resurrect without having been bitten. I think that is part of the reason Jenner would be so "sad cindy" on everybody.
In the absence of God, I found Man.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Re: The Walking Dead is awesome!

Unread post

I've been watching The Walking Dead too. I thought the pilot was very, very good, but since then the show hasn't grabbed me as much. As you say, johnson, there are some inconsistencies with reality that come up now and then. I thought the CDC episode was especially weak. The characters aren't very interesting to me so far. All that said, I'm still watching it.

One of my favorite shows these days is also on AMC: Breaking Bad.
-Geo
Question everything
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

The characters are a little bit architypical.

Shane is actually the most interesting to me at the moment because they are actually giving him an arc to follow. It helps us understand how he is developing into a villain of sorts, but also how normal people can be pushed to those things under horrible circumstances.

The CDC episode was wholly a creation of the show runners and diverges quite a bit from teh books, which explicitly never give the characters any hope of ever discovering the cause of the event, or a chance at a cure. It also dilluted the possibilities hinted at when the one sister died and her living sister stayed at her side to see her one last time as a zombie. We now know that there is no humanity left in the zombies, so why should anyone feel any conflict about snuffing out their newly ressurected child? I think they should have left that question in the air for a while at least.
-Guillermo Del Torro

Are you pushing your own short comings on us and safely hating them from a distance?

Is this the virtue of faith? To never change your mind: especially when you should?

Young Earth Creationists take offense at the idea that we have a common heritage with other animals. Why is being the descendant of a mud golem any better?
stahrwe

1I - PLATINUM CONTIBUTOR
pets endangered by possible book avalanche

Unread post

Entertainment Weekly says the creators were given very little time to come up with the shows. The next batch will be about a year in hte making so they may have fixed the issues. Beats anothe cooking contest, except for maybe a zombie cooking show, but they like things raw.
n=Infinity
Sum n = -1/12
n=1

where n are natural numbers.
Frank 013
Worthy of Worship

Unread post

Loved that show... I can't wait for the new (whole) season!!!
That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
johnson1010
Tenured Professor

Unread post

Rick Grimes, master of the Dad joke.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/greate ... ick-grimes
-Guillermo Del Torro

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”