• In total there are 29 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 28 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Sons of Anarchy

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Olivia22
Freshman

Sons of Anarchy

Unread post

Does anyone else watch this show? Ok so I know that the commercials make it look like it's just another action-packed, testosterone filled tv show. Actually I was reluctant to start watching it because that is exactly what I thought. So when my friend made me sit down to watch it I was pleasantly surprised by it. For those of you who don't know Sons of Anarchy is a tv show about an outlaw motorcyle club in a small town in California. The plot centers around the lives of the club members, the women behind the club, and the law enforcement who are trying to destroy or (though rarely) help the club. Pretty straight forward right? Not really. Instead of the action-packed (though there is plenty of action) show I expected, I ended up watching a modern day Shakespearean drama. Actually there is a sub-plot, which I think will turn into a main plot point, that seems ripped straight from Macbeth. Also the show features some very strong women who are not only surviving, but taking control in the world of motorcycles, which is pretty big considering it is pretty much a male-dominated world. Lol. Sorry I feel like I'm rambling, so in-conclusion, I highly recommend Sons of Anarchy to anyone looking to watch a new show.
Dexter

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
I dumpster dive for books!
United States of America

Re: Sons of Anarchy

Unread post

I watch it, it's a very good show. New season of that and Dexter, gonna be awesome.
lindad_amato
Intelligent

Unread post

Olivia22 wrote:Does anyone else watch this show? Ok so I know that the commercials make it look like it's just another action-packed, testosterone filled tv show. Actually I was reluctant to start watching it because that is exactly what I thought. So when my friend made me sit down to watch it I was pleasantly surprised by it. For those of you who don't know Sons of Anarchy is a tv show about an outlaw motorcyle club in a small town in California. The plot centers around the lives of the club members, the women behind the club, and the law enforcement who are trying to destroy or (though rarely) help the club. Pretty straight forward right? Not really. Instead of the action-packed (though there is plenty of action) show I expected, I ended up watching a modern day Shakespearean drama. Actually there is a sub-plot, which I think will turn into a main plot point, that seems ripped straight from Macbeth. Also the show features some very strong women who are not only surviving, but taking control in the world of motorcycles, which is pretty big considering it is pretty much a male-dominated world. Lol. Sorry I feel like I'm rambling, so in-conclusion, I highly recommend Sons of Anarchy to anyone looking to watch a new show.
Thanks for the review. I saw the commercials and was intrigued by the fact that I admire some of the actors in it. I'll have to take a look at this season.
mockingbird
Eligible to vote in book polls!

Unread post

Charlie Hunnam is brilliant in it. His accent is better than most Americans.
ant

1G - SILVER CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

I watch it. Great writing. Excellent characters. All of them really are superb.

I fell behind on Dexter. I really liked it the first 3 1/2 seasons. I kind of got tired of it a bit though. I'll catch up one day.
Suzanne

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Book General

Unread post

Watch it every week!

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”