• In total there are 43 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 43 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

R.I.P. Andy Griffith

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

R.I.P. Andy Griffith

Unread post

With the passing of Andy Griffith, another American comedy icon has left us. :( The gentle humor of "The Andy Griffith Show" will remain in my memories for the rest of my life. So turn that sad face over, :) and whistle a few bars of the theme.....
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Re: R.I.P. Andy Griffith

Unread post

Indeed, the Andy Griffith Show is one of the best television comedies ever. Just a great show. Andy Griffith was a great talent.
-Geo
Question everything
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Unread post

On a positive note it is wonderful to see that Andy lived to 86 years old. While it would have been great tp have him with us for even longer at least he lived a full life.

As a young kid I used to dream of living in Mayberry or with the Brady Bunch or the Waltons.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

Unread post

Cattleman wrote:With the passing of Andy Griffith, another American comedy icon has left us. :( The gentle humor of "The Andy Griffith Show" will remain in my memories for the rest of my life. So turn that sad face over, :) and whistle a few bars of the theme.....
That's really true. The show had a nice moral outlook as well, as gentle a one as its humor. I recall reading about an ethics course designed around episodes of the Andy Griffith show. Can't help but feel nostalgic about the idealized time and place that the show let us into each week.
Last edited by DWill on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jaywalker
Experienced

Unread post

He was the bad guy in that Johnny Cash film-
Murder in Coweta County. I love it.
literatureuniverse
Creative Writing Student

Unread post

:D A amazing actor, he will be missed. I grew up watching this man. :(

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”