• In total there are 29 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 29 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

William Shakespeare Never Wrote a Dang Word

Engage in discussions about your favorite movies, TV series, music, sports, comedy, cultural events, and diverse entertainment topics in this forum.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame

William Shakespeare Never Wrote a Dang Word

Unread post

I don't really believe the statement, but still I'll go to see "Anonymous," which comes out in a couple weeks. The Shakespeare's-a-phony charge has been around for centuries, so this movie at least has a pedigree of sorts. I have to admit that when I looked into this theory some years ago, I was enticed by it. Not convinced, but I realized that, as incredible as the idea of a different author appears, it's also pretty hard to square the biography of "the Stratford Man" with authoring the 37 plays and 150 sonnets. I mean, to believe that Will Shakespeare, actor and businessman, who never spelled his name twice the same way, left his wife his "second-best bed" in his will, and left behind no books, created literature whose range and quality has never been equaled, is hard to swallow. Anyway, if you're interested in the trailer....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBmnkk0QW3Q
Randy Kadish
Cunning Linguist

Re: William Shakespeare Never Wrote a Dang Word

Unread post

No way I'll see the movie. Love this site:

http://www.shakespeareauthorship.com/

Randy

Return to “Arts & Entertainment”