• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Please "check in" to the Big Time: Stories discussion here!

#183: May - July 2022 (Fiction)
Book Discussion Leader: LanDroid
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Please "check in" to the Big Time: Stories discussion here!

Unread post

Are you planning to read and participate in the discussion of Jen Spyra's Big Time: Stories? If so please make a brief post here stating so. It helps to know who else is planning to participate.

The debut collection of raucous, dark, strange, satirical stories from the former Late Show with Stephen Colbert writer and New Yorker contributor, featuring a foreword by Stephen Colbert

“Jen Spyra’s stories are shocking, silly, smart, and absurdly funny. Underline both those words, I don’t care how much it costs!”—Tina Fey

A bride so desperate to get in shape for her wedding that she enrolls in a new kind of workout program that promises the moon but costs more than she bargained for. A snowman who, on the wish of a child, comes to life in a decidedly less savory way than in the childhood classic. And in the title story, a time-hopping 1940s starlet tries to claw her way to the top in modern-day Hollywood, despite being ridiculously unwoke.

In this uproarious, addictive debut, Jen Spyra takes a culture that seems almost beyond parody and holds it up to a funhouse mirror, immersing the reader in a world of prehistoric influencers, woodland creatures plagued by millennial neuroses, and an all-out birthday bash determined to be the most lavish celebration of all time, by any means necessary.

Welcome, brave soul, to the world of Jen Spyra.

Big Time: Stories by Jen Spyra, foreword by Stephen Colbert
Available in every format on Amazon.com
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Re: Please "check in" to the Big Time: Stories discussion here!

Unread post

Hope to read this. Posts in this forum are missing the like button on my screen.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Robert Tulip wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:03 am Hope to read this. Posts in this forum are missing the like button on my screen.
All posts in this forum are missing the like button for you? Look around and let me know if you see the like button on any posts at all please.

I'm listening to this book on Audible.com each day.
Robert Tulip

2B - MOD & SILVER
Australia

Unread post

Chris OConnor wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:34 pm All posts in this forum are missing the like button for you? Look around and let me know if you see the like button on any posts at all please.
It seems random. Some threads have the like button on their posts and some don't.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I'll ask Ardhitya to look into this issue but he is not feeling well so probably won't get to it for several days. Sorry for the inconvenience, Robert.

Return to “Big Time: Stories - by Jen Spyra”