• In total there are 10 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

The Power of an Image

#19: Apr. - June 2005 (Non-Fiction)
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

The Power of an Image

Unread post

Some of the plates in the Collapse book are very chilling. Two in particular: The pyramid of skulls and the Chinese people covering their mouths and noses to shield against the polluted air.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper
wwdimmitt

Re: The Power of an Image

Unread post

Interesting.The ones that really grabbed my attention were Plates 26, 28, 29 and 30. The devastation of productive agricutural land into wasteland seems the most frightening aspect to me.We are growing new children at a rapid rate, but not new, productive ag land.Just the farmers perspective, I guess. WW
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: The Power of an Image

Unread post

All these images, taken together, are a very frightening testament to what people do to their environment and each other. What a sad, sad reality this book exposes.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper

Return to “Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed - by Jared Diamond”