• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

** Live chat with Jared Diamond **

#19: Apr. - June 2005 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

** Live chat with Jared Diamond **

Unread post

We'll soon be inviting Professor Diamond to a live chat session to discuss both books. Seeing as we're now on a quarterly reading period, and that Collapse is being read during the 2nd quarter of 2005, I think the ideal time for a live chat would be on Thursday, June 23rd or 30th.Expect details soon...Chris
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Re: ** Live chat with Jared Diamond **

Unread post

It is inevitable that Professor Diamond will skim this forum or even read every single post when deciding whether or not he wishes to accept our chat invitation, so please do your best to keep the discussion flowing and on-topic. So far the quality and quantity of posts has been excellent. I'm sure he'll accept.And for those members that are new to BookTalk, Jared Diamond actually accepted our invite years ago when we read, "Guns, Germs And Steel," but we canceled on him. At that point we were much newer and had much less activity. I just wasn't comfortable asking a Pulitzer Prize winner to our community. Now, years later, I feel we have earned the right to make such requests.Chris

Return to “Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed - by Jared Diamond”