• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Diamonds Five Point Framework:

#19: Apr. - June 2005 (Non-Fiction)
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Diamonds Five Point Framework:

Unread post

Just fyi!1 Environmental Damage2 Climate Change3 Hostile Neighbors4 Friendly Neighbors5 The Society's Response to Environmental Damage (or any other problems)Of these, Diamond states that the first four are not always a factor to the society, the last always is. Always. Strong assertion. Lets see what he has to offer to back this up.Environmental Damage:
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Re: Diamonds Five Point Framework:

Unread post

I like the way that Diamond refers to his framework with every civilization studied. It helps with the consistency of the thesis and to make the study of each society more clear in my mind.One area confuses me and that is the point of hostility and this only in regard to the Maya so far. Please refer to the Chapter 5 thread for my reasons why.Mr. P. The one thing of which I am positive is that there is much of which to be negative - Mr. P.The pain in hell has two sides. The kind you can touch with your hand; the kind you can feel in your heart...Scorsese's "Mean Streets"I came to kick ass and chew Bubble Gum...and I am all out of Bubble Gum - They Live, Roddy Piper

Return to “Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed - by Jared Diamond”