• In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Please check in here if you're going to join the "Finding Purpose in a Godless World" discussion!

#160: Aug. - Nov. 2018 (Non-Fiction)
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Please check in here if you're going to join the "Finding Purpose in a Godless World" discussion!

Unread post

Everybody benefits by knowing who else is planning to read and discuss the book so please make a brief post here checking in and letting us know of your intention to join this book discussion. Thank you!
Attachments
Check-In-Here-Stop-Sign-K-4674.gif
Check-In-Here-Stop-Sign-K-4674.gif (30.22 KiB) Viewed 7345 times
Harry Marks
Bookasaurus
Ukraine

Re: Please check in here if you're going to join the "Finding Purpose in a Godless World" discussion!

Unread post

I'm in, thanks in part to Chris's encouragement. So if I say something that offends you, blame him.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Please check in here if you're going to join the "Finding Purpose in a Godless World" discussion!

Unread post

Haha!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

I'm hoping Robert Tulip, Interbane, LanDroid and many other active BookTalk.org members will join this one.
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Unread post

Just DL'd it. Gotta admit, I'm finding it more difficult to participate. I just finished Sapiens and don't think I posted a thing. May try to go back and hit a few points I highlighted in that book. Will try to do better with this one...
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

LanDroid, maybe you need a time out. Please go sit in the corner and think about your lack of participation. No, you cannot bring a book. :gettowork:
scrumfish
Sophomore
United States of America

Unread post

Checking in.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Welcome scrumfish!
DWill

1H - GOLD CONTRIBUTOR

Unread post

The discussion has been a very good one, though I haven't grabbed the book yet. Been involved in a Coursera called "Big History" and am trying to avoid dropping out. I think I'll make it. I'll just say I'm glad Lewis chose the word "purpose" for his title, rather than "meaning." What does meaning mean, anyway? Purpose covers meaning and everyone understands the word. I'm absolutely certain that atheists have no purpose deficit, compared with theists.
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

DWill, do you do Coursera for actual college credits or just for fun? I'm approaching the end of my first year with Great Courses Plus and am thinking of renewing for a second year.

Return to “Finding Purpose in a Godless World - by Ralph Lewis (Foreword by Michael Shermer)”