• In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

WANTED: June - August 2022 FICTION suggestions!

Assist us in selecting our upcoming FICTION book for group discussion in this forum. A minimum of 5 posts is required to participate here!
Lombardoguy
Official Newbie!

Re: WANTED: June - August 2022 FICTION suggestions!

Unread post

Hi; I've been overseas for a while and just got back. I have two fiction suggestions for readers who like military and spy thrillers. Check out Stop the Americans and The Interact Configuration both from the same author. To me it's entertainment with a literary style.
HollyRhiannon
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Greetings, readers!

I will be entirely honest and state first that I am suggesting my own novel, "A Time When Demons"!

Life as a witch isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. While it’s true that Aeres Cadogan has inherited a host of powers other young women could only dream of harnessing, these abilities come with a heavy burden: the burden of Wicca society.

Wicca society’s got it all: standards set by an ancient magickal patriarchy. Arranged marriages. Even familial expectations to care for dangerous paranormal anomalies which would otherwise terrorize the mortal population.

Rebellious and head-strong Aeres has managed to avoid these aspects of her society for 19 years.

But one fateful night at the club, a magickal prank goes terribly wrong.

When a man nearly dies, Aeres is plunged into a dark new world where betrayal and death are all too real. To get out, she must harness her abilities and set her world right once again… all while avoiding an impending marriage and facing off against one of the greatest killers the world has ever known.

This piece was written originally during NaNoWriMo and it's so exciting to be launching it at last this month. I do hope you'll consider reading it this summer :) and if you like you can get more info about it at hollyrhiannon.com + purchase the ebook or soft cover at a wide variety of retailers listed at linktr.ee/atwd

Thank you for your time and consideration,

-H

P.S - I know I'm a newbie but I do intend to stick around and chat more. I just discovered the forum today and was really excited to get in touch with this community!
David Parker
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I strongly recommend: Creativity for the Kremlin. It's a new Art meets Espionage Thriller, timely, explosive, and highly entertaining. (Available on Amazon) Here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/Creativity-Kreml ... 1733797866
cbme
Official Newbie!

Unread post

:) Hi, I’m new here, and this is my first post. One of my favorite authors is Janet Evanovich. I love her Stephanie Plum series. Her books are funny, exciting, and clever.
Another author I love is M C Beaton author of the mystery/comedy/romance series, Hamish Macbeth, and the same genre, Agatha Raisin series.

These are definitely not “heavy” reading, but very refreshing and enjoyable.

:)
Sammy Lee
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I would like to recommend this amazing book titled : Oxford girls; Michaelmas ~ Alex: "A thrill ride to remember"; "Occasionally provocative, but always cinematic and absorbing"

Author - P.D Kuch

The link to the book is https://amzn.to/3yGu9L4

Description
Alexandra's ordinary teenage life is about to change – dramatically. Unaware of her altered DNA, Alex and her family are of interest to unethical scientists. Her parents' plane crash is just the onset of disturbing discoveries. When it becomes apparent that it wasn't an accident, Alex needs to figure out who's behind it or share a grim fate of a lab rat.
The first part of this exciting adventure thriller presents the world's different faces: from beautiful to ugly, from frightening to comforting. Besides the stormy drama, the book is about friendship, intimacy and growing up – a heartening story mixed with educational, funny and even steamy threads. Full of action and with a great dose of humor, the story races to a surprising and gripping twist.
jeniffercater
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I like to recommend "a girl with five ties".
Its a dark book but I think everyone should read it. its written by a an author who says it is her first book and based on a true story.
For me this book was so important because My brother has eating disorder and reading this book reminded me of how much I love him.

One review says "This book literally broke my heart, and never put back the pieces together just like the main character who was broken and never fully healed. The book is a quick read but a dark and intense one and deals with many important issues like sexual assault, mental health, eating disorders and the importance of having good friends, family, colleagues and supervisors at workplace."
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/612 ... er_reviews
Simran Kaur
Official Newbie!

Unread post

I think The Mad Women's Ball by Victoria Mas would be a good recommendation.

Return to “What fiction book should we read and discuss next?”