• In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 786 on Sun May 10, 2020 1:56 am

What book would you recommend that no one else seems to have read?

This is the forum for talking about your favorite FICTION authors, books and genres. Authors, please do NOT promote your books in this forum.
Kira
Official Newbie!

What book would you recommend that no one else seems to have read?

I've been reading book club recommendations lately and have about thrown books against the wall! Nonsensical plots, beyond-stupid protagonists, laughable endings. Are you wondering how some of these books are so highly promoted? I am.

So, how about it? What is your rec that hasn't been discovered yet? Mine is Polly Ticks by Mary Nova. Dark, but satisfying.

Please help me find more like this! I'm looking for another good read.
Brooks127
Internet Sage
United States of America

Re: What book would you recommend that no one else seems to have read?

Makes me curious if the recommendations are paid adverts or ranked by reviews. It's a trend now to beg for reviews, not earn them. Case in point. My own work gets read but seldom reviewed because I don't beg people to review it. Oddly, I do have readers who find my stuff. How? I guess some minimal promotion on my behalf that I did over the course of a decade. I'm not super active on social media anymore because I'm burned out on that for the same reason you are book club recommendations.

With that noted, I'll just say this. If you visit Twitter and look for books, check the ones by self-published authors that don't have super glossy, highly polished, bestselling book covers. Sadly, a lot of writers spend more time on designing covers then they do their stories. I've found some of the best stories are the ones with no retweets or likes.

Also, I've read some good stuff on Wattpad.
Last edited by Brooks127 on Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frances Evelyn
Official Newbie!

Re: What book would you recommend that no one else seems to have read?

Hi Kira,

What kind of books do you like?