• In total there are 10 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt

This forum is dedicated to discussing your preferred FICTION authors, books, and genres.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
dlizzul
Official Newbie!

The Goldfinch - Donna Tartt

Unread post

I just finished this book and I am in awe. I didn't want it to end and I keep thinking about it and reading my favorite passages over and over again. Anybody else feel the same way and want to discuss? I may just have to read it again.

Here is one of my favorite passages;

"Boris was right about his dope, how pure it was – pure white, a normal size bump knocked me cockeyed , so that for an indeterminate Interlude I drifted in and out pleasantly on the verge of death.

... in whatever wink of consciousness that remained to me I felt I understood the secret grandeur of dying, all the knowledge held back from all humankind until the very end: no pain, no fear, magnificent detachment, lying in state upon the death barge and receding into the grand immensities like an emperor, gone, gone, observing all the distant scurryers on shore, freed from all the old human pettiness of love and fear and grief and death.”

If words could be stunning...

Return to “Fiction General Discussion”