• In total there are 8 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Can you please suggest epic sci fi books but short in length

This forum is dedicated to discussing your preferred FICTION authors, books, and genres.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Re: Can you please suggest epic sci fi books but short in length

Unread post

If you are looking for serious science fiction, and not space opera or fantasy, I suggest David Brin's novella "The Crystal Spheres," (2011). It is relatively short, and is available in Kindle format from Amazon for $0.99.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Old Reb
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Here's an oldie but a goodie. I Am Legend by Richard Matheson. The made a movie about it a few years with Will Smith but like most books adapted for films it was a real bomb compared to the short novel.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

The Will Smith movie was actually the third. The first, sometimes titled "The Last Man on Earth" starring Vincent Price was made in 1964. A remake, under the title "The Omega Man" and starring Charlton Heston, was made in 1977.
Love what you do, and do what you love. Don't listen to anyone else who tells you not to do it. -Ray Bradbury

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it. -Robert A. Heinlein
Old Reb
Permanent Ink Finger

Unread post

Here's another even older oldie! Earth Abides by Gordon Stewart. Originally published in 1949, I think it was one of the first post apocalyptic sci fi novels. I've read it twice and was really impressed with the treatment of how the survivors adjusted eventually to a more primitive society after all the modern conveniences had run out.
bieden111
Official Newbie!

Unread post

Fairy Tail was my go-to anime for when I ran out of other obscure animes to watch. Recently, I’ve just finished the whole thing, which means that now I don’t even have a backup anime series to watch to pass the time. I might have to start rewatching stuff, or start watching some television series.
To view complete series of fiary tail fillers.
Mr. P

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Has Plan to Save Books During Fire

Unread post

Rendezvous with Rama - Arthur C Clarke.
Foundation Series (original 3) - Asimov
When you refuse to learn, you become a disease.
Cattleman
Way Beyond Awesome

Unread post

Not familiar with Bookmate; I went to the site but could not fine Crystal Spheres. But if you have Kindle (Amazon) it is only $0.99.

Another classic (an oldie but goodie) is Ray Bradbur's "Martian Chronicles." Actually a series of related short stories.
Last edited by Cattleman on Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skinsfan1963
Official Newbie!

Unread post

The AMP series of books are good. They have humour and sci-fi wrapped into one.
Aden o pior
Official Newbie!

Unread post

The series currently being published, The Lost Knight is a good one. A fun and engaging mix of action, romance, humor and a little dark drama in an SCI-FI future where aliens are real.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QCXYMT5

Return to “Fiction General Discussion”