• In total there are 5 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 5 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 813 on Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:52 pm

Currently reading Doctor Sleep, if you'd like to discuss it

This forum is dedicated to discussing your preferred FICTION authors, books, and genres.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
marevalom
Official Newbie!

Currently reading Doctor Sleep, if you'd like to discuss it

Unread post

Hi guys,

I'm currently reading Doctor Sleep, such a surprise to find out about Dan's grown up life. I'm reading the part on Abra's birthday, so intriguing. Anyone interested in discussing the book, I'm in :)
Old Reb
Permanent Ink Finger

Re: Currently reading Doctor Sleep, if you'd like to discuss it

Unread post

I loved Mr. Mercedes which was book 1, but just couldn't get into Doctor Sleep. IMO, Stephen King should have made Mr. Mercedes a stand alone book instead of adding to it. Stephen King is a great author, but he does have his weird periods. His early work like Salem's Lot, The Shining and The Stand were fantastic and all of the books he wrote under the Richard Bachman name were stellar. My favorite of these was "The Long Walk".

Then he went off into la-la fantasy land with The Dark Tower series and other works that were just too strange for me and I lost interest. Then came Under The Dome and 11/22/63 and I was a big fan again. If you haven't read 11/22/63 do so as I think it was one of his best books.

Return to “Fiction General Discussion”