• In total there are 13 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 851 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

Need help locating a particular book

This forum is dedicated to discussing your preferred FICTION authors, books, and genres.
Forum rules
Do not promote books in this forum. Instead, promote your books in either Authors: Tell us about your FICTION book! or Authors: Tell us about your NON-FICTION book!.

All other Community Rules apply in this and all other forums.
Caleb
Official Newbie!

Need help locating a particular book

Unread post

Hello everyone. I'm new to this forum and I really hope someone could help me. I'm trying to locate a vintage children's book I once read when I was in school. It was a collection of ghost stories and poems and I think it had songs in it too. The book had very few illustrations in it. It was a hardback book with an illustration of a forest on the cover and an owl sitting in a tree. It was a thick book, about the size of a Reader's Digest condensed book. I want to say it was published in 1956 and had "Bell" or "Bells" in the title, but I can't remember the title or author. Does anyone know what book I am talking about? I actually recently called the library at the school where I attended and they couldn't help me.
geo

2C - MOD & GOLD
pets endangered by possible book avalanche
United States of America

Re: Need help locating a particular book

Unread post

Hey, Caleb, you had me searching online trying to find your book. But no dice!

Supporting the idea that there's a website for everything, here's an online services that help people find half-remembered children's books. It was featured on NPR in 2003, but is still in business. It costs $4.

If you find your book, please check back here.

http://w1.loganberrybooks.com/stumptheb ... ?page_id=8

You might also check here. I see a couple of covers with owls and trees:

https://www.google.com/search?q=1950s+c ... AMYQsAQIGQ
-Geo
Question everything

Return to “Fiction General Discussion”