• In total there are 21 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 21 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 871 on Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

Official Poll - September 2002 "Book of the Month"

Collaborate in choosing our next NON-FICTION book for group discussion within this forum. A minimum of 5 posts is necessary to participate here!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Official Poll - September 2002 "Book of the Month"

Unread post

BookTalk Members:The time is here to select our Book of the Month for September, 2002. Please review the choices below and select the book you would most enjoy reading next month. ChrisProzac Nation - Elizabeth WurtzelTreatise of Human Nature - HumeOrigin of the Species - Charles DarwinThe Inflationary Universe: The Quest for a New Theory of Cosmic Origins - Alan GuthGuns, Germs, and Steel, The Fates of Human Societies - Jared DiamondShow results "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be." -- Leonardo da Vinci
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Official Poll - September 2002 "Book of the Month&q

Unread post

Umm...is anyone going to cast a vote?Chris "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be." -- Leonardo da Vinci
ZachSylvanus
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Re: Official Poll - September 2002 "Book of the Month&a

Unread post

I did... Edited by: ZachSylvanus at: 8/15/02 10:07:53 pm
NaddiaAoC

1F - BRONZE CONTRIBUTOR
Wearing Out Library Card

Re: Official Poll - September 2002 "Book of the Month&a

Unread post

Chris,I voted for Treatise of Human Nature, but on second thought it might be better to not include my vote this month. I'm going to be very busy for the next month. In addition to working at my new job I've got a whole bunch of exams that I have to study for and take by the end of October. I'll try to have them done by the end of September, but I think I might take the next month off from participating in BookTalk because I don't think I'm going to have the time to read a book. I'll still be active here on the site though.Cheryl
LanDroid

2A - MOD & BRONZE
Comandante Literario Supreme
United States of America

Re: Official Poll

Unread post

Uhhhh, only 8 votes? Looks like it's time for an executive decision. Do we have any executives?
ZachSylvanus
Agrees that Reading is Fundamental

Re: Re: Official Poll

Unread post

I have an executive office chair... Edited by: ZachSylvanus at: 8/20/02 5:06:39 pm
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Re: Re: Official Poll

Unread post

Everyone:I'll close the poll and it looks like "Guns, Germs, and Steel, The Fates of Human Societies" - Jared Diamond, is the winner for our September 2002 Book of the Month. I will start a forum for this book at the end of this month as we all need to concentrate on finishing Demon-Haunted World for the Sept. 5th chat.Chris "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be." -- Leonardo da Vinci

Return to “What non-fiction book should we read and discuss next?”