• In total there are 9 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 9 guests (based on users active over the past 60 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 789 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:08 am

Official Poll - help pick the July book subject!

Collaborate in choosing our next NON-FICTION book for group discussion within this forum. A minimum of 5 posts is necessary to participate here!
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
BookTalk.org Hall of Fame
United States of America

Official Poll - help pick the July book subject!

Unread post

Everyone:Take this poll seriously please!Just to get the ball rolling I have created this poll so we can narrow down the subjects we would all be interested in reading about for the July Book of the Month.This poll doesn't actually choose the book, but will narrow the search down to a desired subject. I've reviewed all of the threads and suggestions and these are the categories I have seen mentioned. Vote one time only please. And if you don't plan to be active here at BookTalk, feel free to NOT vote and influence the groups choice.We should think hard about the books we choose. Many of us aren't going to want to read 500 page history texts. Perhaps we try to stay within 150 - 350 pages? Just an idea.Thank you! Chris O'ConnorResults (total votes = 5):Revolutionary War - Anything to do with the war or time period (be creative) &nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbspCivil War - Anything to do with the war or time period (no rules - think creatively) &nbsp1 / 20.0%&nbsp Native Americans - Possibly Custer's Last Stand or Wounded Knee&nbsp3 / 60.0%&nbsp World War II - Perhaps a specific battle, issue or event? Not the entire war! &nbsp0 / 0.0%&nbspNone of the above! - Please make a different subject suggestion.&nbsp1 / 20.0%&nbsp  "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be." -- Leonardo da Vinci
greg in the machine

Re: Official Poll - help pick the July book subject!

Unread post

Chris:I think a lot of people are missing this poll because they're just looking at the "last comment" date on the main page (I do it all the time myself) instead of opening up the forum to see what's here. Since voting doesn't change the date, folks are assuming that there's nothing new in this forum. Hopefully this comment, which will cause the "last comment" date to change, will attract attention to the poll. There are still five or six members that haven't voted yet. Let's see if this does the trick.G
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

Greg:Good point. And my useless response right here will further serve to draw attention to the poll. Thanks!Chris "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be." -- Leonardo da Vinci
Chris OConnor

1A - OWNER
United States of America

Unread post

BookTalk members:I started a forum for Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, so go ahead and get a copy of this book and start reading. I'm posting another ad in the weekly Planet and have put some flyers up around the city. if any of you can think of ways to draw people to this site...let me know!Chris O'Connor "When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,for there you have been, and there you will always want to be." -- Leonardo da Vinci

Return to “What non-fiction book should we read and discuss next?”